Dashboards & Reporting

candron
Participant

"An email sent to this address has bounced in the past" message after contact replied

SOLVE

Hi,

A couple of days ago we sent an email to a contact via Gmail, (from Chrome using the scheduling feature). Our contact replied today and we could see the actual reply on the Hubspot contact page, in the timeline.

Today we tried to write back to our contact directly from the email tab inside Hubspot CRM. However, the following message came up:

"An email sent to this address has bounced in the past. Please choose a different address or send using your personal email account."

We know that our contact's email address is valid since he has already replied back to us.

Why does this message come up and how can we un-bounce this address?

Thank you in advance,

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

"An email sent to this address has bounced in the past" message after contact replied

SOLVE

Hi Christos,

Indeed, the email address that you provided had in fact been bounced by our system (bounce reason: UNKNOWN_USER - this email account no longer exists). I unbounced the email, so you should be all set to send them emails from the CRM once again.

All the best,

May

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
candron
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

@maypascaud wrote:

Certainly, please send me a PM with the email address and I will take a look 🙂

Thanks May. It seems that my contact has just left the organization associated with his email, hence the bounce message, so no need to act on it!

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @candron, thank you for reaching out. There are a number of reasons for which someone's email address might be bounced - for instance, if their email server was temporarily deactivated for whatever reason, and someone tried to send them an email through HubSpot's server, we would mark that address as unknown and bounce it.

If you send me a PM with the email in question, I will gladly take a look at the bounce reason, and unbounce the email address myself. 

Best,

May

dwertzy56

SOLVE

How do I send you a private email to you in order to "unbounce" an email address? 

Thank you,

David

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

@patronhome I'm so sorry, I seem to have missed your reply to this topic - are you still experiencing this issue? If so, please send me a PM with the email addresses that you'd like to be checked!

@dwertzy56 To send me a PM, you can click on my username to go to my profile and then select the blue "Send this user a private message" button on the left hand side!

0 Upvotes
jwise

SOLVE

I have a contact that an email has bounced in the past. I cannot work out how to unbounce the contact. It does not give me that option in the contact information box

0 Upvotes
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @jwise,

Thanks for reaching out.

Could you send me a DM with the email address of the contact?

Thanks!

Jess 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

jwise

SOLVE

sent 🙂

candron
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @MayPascaud. Thanks for replying to my message. I have sent a private message with the email address that needs to be unbounced.

Best regards,

- Christos

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi Christos,

Indeed, the email address that you provided had in fact been bounced by our system (bounce reason: UNKNOWN_USER - this email account no longer exists). I unbounced the email, so you should be all set to send them emails from the CRM once again.

All the best,

May

0 Upvotes
AIEPRO_VIN

SOLVE

The email I am using right now, bounces everytime my colleagues CC an email. How do I remove my email from being a SPAM or a bounced back email. Please advise, Apparently it has been going on for a while. 

0 Upvotes
candron
Participant

SOLVE

Hi again,

I have another contact who seems to be "Bouncing" although, I have contacted him in the past and we have had an exchange of emails. But for some reason Hubspot shows a yellow triangle next to the email.

Could I send you the email in question and "unbounce" it for me?

Thank you.

- Christos

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @candron yes, please send me the email address and I will look into it. 

0 Upvotes
candron
Participant

SOLVE

Hi,

I've got again the same message for another email that I know is valid. Could you please look into it?

Thanks in advance,

- Christos

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

0 Upvotes
candron
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

@maypascaud wrote:

Thanks May. It seems that my contact has just left the organization associated with his email, hence the bounce message, so no need to act on it!

matejamitrovic

SOLVE

Hello I am experiencing the same problem with one email address. Could you please be kind and help me solve it?

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

@matejamitrovic certainly, please send me a PM with the email address in question and I will look into it. 

0 Upvotes
Ralph

SOLVE

So everytime Hubspot reports valid emails as bounced we have to email you? That's not a great way to turn me into a paying customer. I have 2 emails that I know are legit, they've checked their spam, and nothing. I wish I'd known this before I entered 140 email addresses into Hubspot

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

@Ralph Luckily, our email team is actually working on a way for customers to unbounce valid email addresses in their contacts themselves, as we speak! The feature will be released in Beta soon - keep an eye on our Product Updates page

But in the meantime, you can send me a PM with the email addresses to unbounce and I will go ahead and do so for you.

0 Upvotes
patronhome

SOLVE

Mae - I had the same trouble with two email addresses I know are correct and working.  Can you "unbounce" them for me?

0 Upvotes
candron
Participant

SOLVE

Hi May,

Thanks very much for your help. I've checked my contact's email account and all seems to be fine.

Best,

- Christos

0 Upvotes