Workflow - Deal without associated Company

SOLVE
GustavoGGomes
Participant

Hello all, 

Is there any way I can trigger a workflow when a deal is created without an associated company? I want to create a task for the deal owner to fix this and associate the correct account. 

Thanks!

2 Accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions
Bryantworks
Solution
Key Advisor

Hey @GustavoGGomes,

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this is possible - I don't see any properties you could trigger that captures associated Company on the deal record itself.  Just a "Number of Contacts" which you could use to identify a deal with no contact associated.  

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

View solution in original post

warrendavey
Solution
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

@GustavoGGomes - Awesome Question! I figured out a way you can do this with just 2 workflows and one custom field.  I answered this in my question of the day video.

https://youtu.be/LyOSlKsZXM4

Because "Associated Company" is not a field in Deals you can't use it as a criteria piece to trigger a workflow. But you can use a workflow from Company to see if they have any associated deals and then have it populate a copied field on those deals.  If your deal never populates, because it has no association, then you can assume it is missing the company association, and with a delayed trigger notify your team to update the record.

Hope that helps!

3 Replies 3
Bryantworks
Solution
Key Advisor

Hey @GustavoGGomes,

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this is possible - I don't see any properties you could trigger that captures associated Company on the deal record itself.  Just a "Number of Contacts" which you could use to identify a deal with no contact associated.  

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

GustavoGGomes
Participant

Hi @Bryantworks

Yes, I also realized that there isn't anything that can help to trigger this, but wanted to double-check it. 
Thanks for your attention! 

warrendavey
Solution
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

@GustavoGGomes - Awesome Question! I figured out a way you can do this with just 2 workflows and one custom field.  I answered this in my question of the day video.

https://youtu.be/LyOSlKsZXM4

Because "Associated Company" is not a field in Deals you can't use it as a criteria piece to trigger a workflow. But you can use a workflow from Company to see if they have any associated deals and then have it populate a copied field on those deals.  If your deal never populates, because it has no association, then you can assume it is missing the company association, and with a delayed trigger notify your team to update the record.

Hope that helps!