Dashboards & Reporting

fabien13

Why a deal doesn't appear in the Dashboard

SOLVE

Hello

I have a deal, in a certain stage, but this one doesn't appear in the dashboard forecast

I checked the date, and tried on the filter (this year, this quarter ?...) but it never appears

is there some kind of stages like less than 20 % chance success, which makes it is not in the forecast ?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi Fabien, this article outlines why a Deal might not be showing up in the Deal Forecast: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/deals/why-are-all-my-deals-not-appearing-in-the-d...

As it says, there are a few reasons for which this might happen: 

1. An amount must be set for the deal.
  2. The deal's close date must be within your selected time frame.
  3. The weighted total of the deal stage must represent more than 3% of either the total forecasted value or your quota (whichever is higher).  

There is also a note: the quota bar will only appear on the Deal Forecast if the total forecasted value of your deals is greater than 20% of the quota. 

Let me know if this does not answer your question. For more questions around Deals/the CRM functionality, I would also encourage you to search our Knowledgebase, https://knowledge.hubspot.com!

May

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi Fabien, this article outlines why a Deal might not be showing up in the Deal Forecast: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/deals/why-are-all-my-deals-not-appearing-in-the-d...

As it says, there are a few reasons for which this might happen: 

1. An amount must be set for the deal.
  2. The deal's close date must be within your selected time frame.
  3. The weighted total of the deal stage must represent more than 3% of either the total forecasted value or your quota (whichever is higher).  

There is also a note: the quota bar will only appear on the Deal Forecast if the total forecasted value of your deals is greater than 20% of the quota. 

Let me know if this does not answer your question. For more questions around Deals/the CRM functionality, I would also encourage you to search our Knowledgebase, https://knowledge.hubspot.com!

May

JRivette
Participant

SOLVE

How can I see my deal values by the stage of the pipe without the close date being entered? We are keeping the close date blank until the deal is closed. We do have an expected close date in the system but we are only seeing deals regardless of pipe stage appear in the forecast once they have a close date?

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JRivette, I hope you are doing well!

Since this is an old thread, I encourage you to create a new conversation, this way more users will be able to see it. Please make sure to add context, screenshots, and all the details you can.

Best,
Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

lisat2m
Top Contributor

SOLVE

I have same problem, but my weighted total of this deal stage is more than 3% of total forecasted deals as shown on the dashboard, but not apearing. In addition, I have 0 set for quota.

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @lisat2m, what is the name of the deal in question that is not appearing?

0 Upvotes
lisat2m
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi May, any info on this? It doesn't show up under all data nor does it show up next month or this quarter...only on it's own pipeline forecast, but not with all deals

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

@lisat2m I am still looking into this. I will write back when I have more information.

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

@lisat2m I've consulted with my team and it does seem as though this deal meets all of the conditions to appear in the forecasting widget, so we're not quite sure what is going on here. I am going to reach out to our Product team to get more insight into this situation; I will reach back out as soon as I hear from them.

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Totally understood; I hope to have an answer for you soon!

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @lisat2m, thank you for your patience. I now have a resolution for you regarding this issue.

As it turns out, though our documentation specified that the weighted total of the deal stage needed to be above 3% in order for it to appear in the Forecasting widget, this measure actually applied to the old version of the Sales dashboard.

Last month, we completely overhauled the CRM's design, and in this effort, the CRM dashboard was actually altered as well - it was replaced with widgets that are a part of HubSpot's Reporting Add-On. In the "old" CRM dashboard, the measure for the Deal Stage weighted total was 3%. However, in the "new" Forecasting widget, the weighted total of a deal must be greater than 5% of the total (unweighted) forecast amount (if there is no quota set/it is inferior to that amount). 

Our documentation had not been updated to reflect this change, but it has now been changed. Because the weighted total of your deal stage in this case represents less than 5% of the total forecasted value, it is therefore expected that it would not appear.

Let me know if you have any questionson the above, and I apologize for the confusion!

May

Curt

SOLVE

Is there a way to change this setting so that deals will show up regardless of the % of forecast? I don't want to lose track of deals. 

Thanks!

rtruncale
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Agreed. This should not be set up this way. All deal amounts should show when you are trying to build a list of all closed amounts. 

lisat2m
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks May - yes Brett responded as well. I appreciate all of your time and effort on this; makes sense now!

0 Upvotes
lisat2m
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks May; I really appreciate your help and support. We have just started uploading deals and noticed this issue and I don't want to continue uploading more deals when we already have a problem. 

0 Upvotes
lisat2m
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Ross Group is the deal under the Cloud Services pipeline - I can't figure it out...also, appears I can't set different quota for each pipeline; true? The probability value of the deal is rolling up to the total forecasted deal value and the probability value is more than 3% of that total.

0 Upvotes
lisat2m
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Ross Group

0 Upvotes