Dashboards & Reporting

TheCloak

What piece of data links the Contacts to the Deals?

I am building out some reporting on our customers / deals.

I am currently using coupler.io which has been setup to extract the following:

• Google Sheets
    • Sheet 1: Hubspot Contacts - extract of all contacts information
    • Sheet 2: Hubspot Deals - extract of all deal information

I am then creating a seperate sheet which contains a mixture of Contacts and Deals information. For example, something like the below but with more information:

Sheet Column Headers

• First Name (Contacts)
  • Last Name (Contacts)
  • Email Address (Contacts)
  • Phone Number (Contacts)
  • Deal Value (Deals)
  • Deal Description (Deals)
  • Deal Close Date (Deals)

However, I actually cant figure out what maps Contacts to Deals and vice versa. There does not seem to be a unique identifier which is used in both that ties Contacts to Deals. For example, UniqueID assigned to each Contact that is also within Deals that links a contact to the deal and vice versa.

I checked and found that the following are Column Headers that are in both Contacts and Deals:

id
closedate
engagements_last_meeting_booked
engagements_last_meeting_booked_campaign
engagements_last_meeting_booked_medium
engagements_last_meeting_booked_source
hs_analytics_source
hs_analytics_source_data_1
hs_analytics_source_data_2
createdate
days_to_close
hs_all_accessible_team_ids
hs_all_owner_ids
hs_all_team_ids
hs_object_id
hs_sales_email_last_replied
hubspot_owner_assigneddate
hubspot_owner_id
hubspot_team_id
notes_last_contacted
notes_last_updated
notes_next_activity_date
num_contacted_notes
num_notes
createdAt
updatedAt
archived

The closest ones that I thought may link them were id, hs_all_owner_ids, and hs_object_id however they have different values between Contacts and Deals.

How can I combine Contacts and Deals? I might be approaching this the wrong way for Hubspot so any tips would be great.

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
AStefek

Hi Everybody, 

I would like to open u this topic again, as I also struggle to find which value links contacts and deals together for our reporting. 

Bit of context: I am trying to JOIN (link) to all the deals contacts connected to it, but I am not able to find any property that I could use.  Normaly I would expect each deal to have property id of a contact or list of ids of contacts. That way I could easily tell, this deal is connected to this contact, which currenlty I can't do. 

Can you please help how whould I proceed, because soultion presented by kvlschaefer isn't working for me. 

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @TheCloak !

Happy to help here! ID and Create Date are both contact and deal properties, but each contact and deal have their own unique ID and a create date since the ID is the unique identifier and the create date can vary record to record. Days to Close and Close Date are deal properties. These other properties look like they are related engagements, such as meetings and notes, which can be associated with either a contact or deal. 

You can read more about default contact properties here and default deal properties here. I would recommend reviewing those guides to identify which property corresponds with each object. You may also want to open up an individual contact record and deal record to get more insight into what these properties are referring to.

I hope this helps 🙂  

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
TheCloak

Thanks for your reply. I have reviewed these links previously however they only provide information on what each of the properties are which is fine but not exactly what im looking for.

As you mentioned, there is an ID for both but they do not map and are individually unique to Contacts or Deals, not both. Create Date has not benefit for maping records as it itself cannot identify an individual Contact and an associated Deal.

Can you confirm which single property is used in both Contacts and Deals which allows me to map a Contact (and all its personal information) to a Deal (and all its related information)?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @TheCloak 

You're very welcome! To the best of my understanding, there wouldn't be one property that would associate a Deal and Contact externally. These objects do have unique identifiers, but it seems HubSpot uses internal "association" data to determine which contact is associated with which deal, and vice versa. This is determined when we associate contacts/deals manually or through import and we use the unique identifiers to match the records internally. 

In order to export associations, there is one workaround noted here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Export-Companies-and-related-Contacts/td-p/3733. Otherwise, my recommendation is to create a contacts and deals report to export instead. You would not be able to include all properties from each object, but you would be able to select a good amount of them.

I hope this workaround is helpful! 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes