Website Activity - Not Tracking

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I am not seeing any Website Activity for any contacts.

We have correctly installed the tracking script on our website and have confirmed that contacts have visited our site, but for every contact there is does not appear to any tracking a data.

In every contact profile, this is all we see:

Capture.JPG

Is there something we're doing wrong? 

0 Upvotes
22 Replies 22
Advisor | Platinum Partner

Hi @Trevor 
Can you share your website URL? Perhaps there is some other code on your site that is interfering with the tracking snippet?

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

Matthew Shepherd

An Inbound Growth Agency
Platinum HubSpot Partner

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hey Matt, thanks for looking into this. 

Yes, here it is : https://darkroast.co/

0 Upvotes

Hi @TrevorP 

The tracking code placement looks good and I don't see any site errors that could cause tracking issues. A few troubleshooting steps:

• Can you verify your Hubspot portal ID matches your tracking code ID i.e. the number that appears in this part of your tracking snippet src="//js.hs-scripts.com/xxxxxx.js"
  • Within your tracking code configuration, check your target domain is set to darkroast.co.

Are you seeing traffic data in your Website Traffic Analytics reports?

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

Matthew Shepherd

An Inbound Growth Agency
Platinum HubSpot Partner

Occasional Contributor

Hey Matt, thanks for taking the time to look into this. 

Yes I did confirm that the ID matches and that the domain is set to darkroast.co

However, I don't see any website analytics data.  I can't even click on that option (it's greyed out)

Capture.JPG

0 Upvotes

@TrevorP 

That is strange. Probably need the Hubspot support team to pick up from here. Did you try submitting a ticket to the Hubspot support team?

@jennysowyrda can you assist here?

Matthew Shepherd

An Inbound Growth Agency
Platinum HubSpot Partner

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hey Matthew I tried and they pushed me towards this community.

Any idea on how I can this looked at by someone on the support team? 

0 Upvotes

Hi @TrevorP  

@jennysowyrda is part of the Hubspot community team (pinged above). She should be able to answer that question.

Matthew Shepherd

An Inbound Growth Agency
Platinum HubSpot Partner

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @TrevorP,

Thanks for the ping @MatthewShepherd

The Website Analytics report is associated with Marketing professional and enterprise subscriptions, and the HubSpot CMS tool. If you do not have a subscription that includes these, then the report will not be available in your portal. 

Thank you,

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hey Jenny, thank you for the info.

However, the Web Analytics Dashboard is not the issue I was concerned about.

The issue is with individual prospect website activity :

Capture.JPG

Which I was told was a free feature. Is that not correct? 

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hey Jenny, I was able to confirm that Contact Website Activity is in fact a FREE feature:

Capture.JPG

That is the feature we are having an issue with. NOT  Website Analytics report. 

The issue is that despite being properly set up, the Contact Website Activity feature is not working for us.

We have a large number of contacts that we were able to confirm had visited, and were active on your site, yet that activity is not being reported

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hey @jennysowyrda and @MatthewShepherd, are either of you still available to help?

Someone marked this thread SOLVED, this has not yet been solved. 

0 Upvotes

@TrevorP as far as I can see yes you should be seeing contact activity of the free CRM.

Here are a few other questions/suggestions:

• Have your contacts filled out a form on your website or are they all contacts that you have imported, that maybe haven't filled out a form on the site yet.

• According to this page, website activity tracking the free CRM is "Limited to first 7 days of website activity after new contact is converted from a form. Upgrading to one of our paid Marketing Hub editions will unlock historical contact activity again." Are you seeing any activity within the first 7 days of a form being submitted?

@sharonlicari can you assist in removing the solved flag on this thread and offer any further advice?

Matthew Shepherd

An Inbound Growth Agency
Platinum HubSpot Partner

Community Manager

Hey @MatthewShepherd 

Thank you for putting this to my radar Smiley Happy I removed the Solution accepted 

Hey @TrevorP 

As Matthew mentioned, this functionality is Limited to the first 7 days. Could you please provide extra information where we can see any activity within the first 7 days of a form being submitted?

Thank you

Sharon

Occasional Contributor

Yes, I can confirm that contacts have filled out forms on our website. 

But the only thing I can send is going to be a spreadsheet of contact info. I doubt that will help.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hey Matthew, just so I understand correctly.

The "activity" that is logged is limited to forms that are filled? Is that correct?

The activity does include page visits

Ether way, yes I can contacts that have filled out forms on the site. But that "activity" is not worth tracking in Hubspot. It's already tracked by the simple fact that filled out a form.

So ultimately my question is, can I or can I not track page visits for individual contacts?

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hey @Jen2 , @MatthewShepherd , @sharonlicari 

Are any of you still interested in helping me find a solution to this problem?

If not, can you please refer me to someone else who may actually be able to help?

Again, I am NOT asking about the Website Analytics Report (I understand that is a paid feature) I am asking about specific Contact Website Activity which is listed as a free feature 

Here is a specific example of the problem I am having:

Capture.JPG

This contact filled out a form on our website so I can confirm that they 100% visited our site and that there should be activity. However, if you look in the left column there is still no activity displayed.

This is just one of dozen of specific cases where I know that someone visited a page, where the tracking code was correctly installed, and there was no activity tracked.

Can someone please help find a solution?

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hey @sharonlicari @MatthewShepherd @jennysowyrda , 

Anyone still around?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @TrevorP,

I am not seeing any form submissions associated with the contact's timeline record. As previously mentioned, the contact converting on a form that is integrated with HubSpot is required in order for the cookie to register in HubSpot's end. This is what will enable the contact to be tracked.

Additionally, if a contact disables cookies within their browser, this will prevent certain information from populating in HubSpot.

For more information on this, I wanted to share this resource.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Ok, so just to confirm the only way to track page views by a contact is if they fill out a hubspot integrated form on our site?

There is no possible way to view their browsing activity before they have done that? Even if they were an existing contact? 

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @TrevorP,

HubSpot needs a cookie associated with the contact's browser in order to be able to identify which website activity is associated with their computer, and thus, them. In order to make this connection, an action needs to be taken from the user's end that associates with HubSpot. This includes form submissions, clicking links in marketing emails, and sharing email addresses through chats on your website. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

> "The Website Analytics report is associated with Marketing professional and enterprise subscriptions, and the HubSpot CMS tool. If you do not have a subscription that includes these, then the report will not be available in your portal."

That's confusing. Throughout the Hubspot interface, every other premium feature that is unavailable at the current subscription level is marked with a pad lock icon. See e.g. the Traffic Analytics panel in TrevorP's same screenshot. Why treat Website Analytics differently?

I had the same question and came here because I thought something was broken. Wasted my time.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hello, I also took the trouble to install the tracking code as it is a free feature that I was encouraged to install when I started with HubSpot. I am not seeing any contact activity and read this thread about how a form must be submitted for the activity to be shown. I will test that however I am primarily writing to suggest to HubSpot that the language is adjusted related to the free feature as it seems that user should be encouraged to instaill it when they start with the free services and this does seem to be a waste of time as you need to upgrade to see the activity at a contact level (outside of a form being submitted). The HubSpot coaches that I spoke with when I started using HubSpot said to be sure that I install the tracking code. I'm sending this feedback in a helpful spirit. I'm happily using the other aspects of the free CRM.

0 Upvotes