Visualizing report by contact

timosborn
Participant

I want to visual some data by contact, e.g. total activities. Contacts is included in the dataset, and I add Last Name and First Name properties. In the Data tab, 

Contacts.png

It clearly distinguishes between contacts with the same last name. However, on the Visualation tab, I don't see any way to display by Contact, on by Last Name (or First Name). 

activities.png

Using last name combines contacts with same last name (e.g. Tim and Sam Burstein from above). How can I visualize data per unique contact?

Thanks,

Tim

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
MikeLawson
Contributor

@timosborn 

I tried to reproduce this and was having the same issue with summarizing as your were. Could you pull in the property for email and then use that to summarize your data instead of last name? 

I don't know what the usecase it but from there you can click on the activities and it will show you the associated contact name.

Best,

Mike

timosborn
Participant

Hi Mike,

Yes, email is what I resorted to. As long as their email address is clear it can work, though it certainly adds a lot of text to the axis when viewed as a chart. 

Thanks,

Tim

0 Upvotes
MikeLawson
Contributor

@timosborn 

What is the use case here? Are you spot checking contacts to make sure they have activity? Giving your sales reps a list of people who need to be followed up with?

0 Upvotes
timosborn
Participant

We are trying to determine if/how a certain level of activity corresponds to health of customers. As well as compare relative activty levels between customers owned by different consultants. So at this point, experimenting to learn. The tabular form has the data; I was just surprised that visualization in chart form doesn't support this, given the centrality of Contacts to HubSpot.