Dashboards & Reporting

DMackay
Participant

Visual reminder to update opportunities/check if they have been updated

SOLVE

Is there an easy way to mark all deals/opportunities that appear in a sales pipeline dashboard as needing an update, preferably just once at a high level rather than having to go into each opportunity? Visually this might be to add a Red flag to each one, following a  weekly sales review Then as opportunity owners go in and make updates, each "touched" opportunity flag goes Green. The intent is to encourage better hygiene, and on a weekly sales call to easily see which opportunities have been touched in the previous week, and which haven't. Does HubSpot support this capability? 

We are currently using the Free version - but are interested in knowing if other versions would support this.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DMackay,

Yes, this is possible. When you navigate to Menu > Sales > Deals and choose the card view, click Board actions > Edit cards.

karstenkoehler_0-1638287766093.png

This is where you can set up an inactivity threshold:

karstenkoehler_1-1638287803559.png

This will be shown on the deal card, when true.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
DMackay
Participant

SOLVE

Yes, I tried that at the outset as I thought it should deliver the outcome required. But if I set the inactice cards period to 7 days then go into a Deal that shows 20 days of no activity and make a change, like editing the close date to be a month later, the Deal still shows that it has 20 days of no activity. Even though I have changed a major attribute of that deal.

0 Upvotes
DMackay
Participant

SOLVE

It's a naming issue, I'm coming to HubSpot from SFDC. By Opportunities I mean Deals. And I mean all Deals for the sales team. If there aren't any visual cues, it there another way to get a list of all Deals in the various pipeline stages that haven't been touched - in any way - over the last 7 days?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DMackay,

Yes, this is possible. When you navigate to Menu > Sales > Deals and choose the card view, click Board actions > Edit cards.

karstenkoehler_0-1638287766093.png

This is where you can set up an inactivity threshold:

karstenkoehler_1-1638287803559.png

This will be shown on the deal card, when true.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

DMackay
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

I can see that this was accepted as a solution. However, it is not a solution to the problem I highlighted. Especially when viewing deals in grid format, where the "inactive' days are not visible.

Were HubSpot to use colours, this would provide a visual cue.  Sadly in modern UIs, designers seem to shy away from colour tagging.

If you have a large sales pipeline, being able to flag Deals as stale - or going stale, is a major hygiene help.

Being able to flag deals where there are blockers is really helpful.

Otherwise you tend to have to go through all deals in the pipeline - which is not a good use of time.

I understand this is something only HubSpot can do. It would be enough to persuade me to move to a paid version.

Regards,

David.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DMackay,

There currently aren't any options for visual cues in HubSpot but I'd recommend looking into saved filtered views. These views are a saved subset of all of your opportunities. You can find instructions for creating these views here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/create-customize-and-manage-your-saved-views

When you say opportunities, are you referring to contacts with Lifecycle stage "Opportunity" or deals? For contacts, for example, you could create an active list that filters for Lifecycle stage "Opportunity" and Last contacted is more than 7 days ago:

karstenkoehler_0-1638286909028.png

Once you save this list, you can create a filtered contact view (see link above) and filter your view by "List membership" and then selecting this list. (Yes, this step is a bit redundant, unfortunately due to the fact that the "more than 7 days" criterion is not available in filtered views. Hence the list.)

Contacts would now automatically disappear from your list or filtered view, once someone reaches out to them again.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Karsten Köhler

DMackay
Participant

SOLVE

Had to reply to my post, I got an HTML issue when trying to paste a reply into this form.

0 Upvotes