Dashboards & Reporting

AFormigoni
Colaborador(a)

Using Funnel Report for old leads

resolver

Hi all,

1. The funnel report seems pretty straightforward for contacts that go through each stage properly. But do you use a different approach for contacts that converted to a different stage after a long period? E.g., contact became a Lead six months ago and just now "converted" into MQL. Is it just a matter of increasing the time stamp for the report, or do you have a separate report/funnel for these "recycled" leads? 

2. We use the funnel report to track our Inbound funnel. But how do you approach the following case: a company is originally outbound, but a new inbound contact associated with that company becomes a Lead > MQL. Should that contact/company be included in the Inbound Funnel report, or do you have a separate report/funnel for these leads?  

Any advice on these topics will be extremely helpful. 

Thank you,

Allan

1 Solução aceita
danmoyle
Solução
Participante de valor | Parceiro Elite

resolver

@AFormigoni - You can build custom reports on any of your objects in HubSpot (Contact, Company, Deal, Ticket, etc.) plus many of your HubSpot tools (sales activities, marketing emails, etc.). In HubSpot Academy look up Custom Reports and that's a great lesson. There's also this great interview with one of the product managers of that tool, which explains some really cool power: HubSpot Custom Report Builder

That's where I'd spend my time working on building a custom report to hopefully show you the data in the story format you're looking for. 

As for the influenced report, have you worked in the Attribution Reporting in HubSpot Reports? I'd start there. Then if that doesn't satisfy your itch, I'd look at that custom reporting and bring in the data from the Company and Contact objects, along with marketing, and filter it all by Original Source is Offline. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

Exibir solução no post original

5 Respostas 5
danmoyle

resolver

Hi @AFormigoni. A couple of thoughts to share; hope they help. 

1. Long sales cycles can be fun, right? My experience is that looking at your reports in small snapshots like "this month" can be great, but zooming out to "this year" or "all data" can help tell a more full story. So I would think about what data story you're telling, and include the time frame that matters for that story. This could definitely mean you have similar reports with different timeframes on one dashboard, or perhaps multiple dashboards. 

2. In your inbound funnel, are you tracking Companies or Contacts? The way I see it, we could track a Company and label them as originally outbound, but the humans (which ultimately are what matter most) can come to us in various ways. I see nothing wrong with labeling a Company as originally outbound (well done Sales!) and including a Contact that found us on their own (well done Marketing!). This shows our diverse set of skills. So I guess I'm saying I'd have reports on both. 😊

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
AFormigoni
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Hi @danmoyle,

Thank you so much for your advice. 

Regarding the 2nd question, all my funnels are built on contacts as it's not possible to do it based on companies (at least, not that I'm aware of). 

I'm curious to understand better how you would build a report that shows the influence of marketing initiatives on converting or engaging outbound contacts. Any advice on this one?

Thanks!

0 Avaliação positiva
danmoyle
Solução

resolver

@AFormigoni - You can build custom reports on any of your objects in HubSpot (Contact, Company, Deal, Ticket, etc.) plus many of your HubSpot tools (sales activities, marketing emails, etc.). In HubSpot Academy look up Custom Reports and that's a great lesson. There's also this great interview with one of the product managers of that tool, which explains some really cool power: HubSpot Custom Report Builder

That's where I'd spend my time working on building a custom report to hopefully show you the data in the story format you're looking for. 

As for the influenced report, have you worked in the Attribution Reporting in HubSpot Reports? I'd start there. Then if that doesn't satisfy your itch, I'd look at that custom reporting and bring in the data from the Company and Contact objects, along with marketing, and filter it all by Original Source is Offline. 

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
AFormigoni
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Thanks, Dan!

I'll take a look at the resources you sent me.

kvlschaefer
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hi @AFormigoni,

Thanks for reaching out!

I would like to invite our reporting experts to this conversation.

Hi @johnelmer@danmoyle@StjepanGrcic@Josh@AdamLPW@Edyta7510@ChrisoKlepke - Do you have any advice for @AFormigoni?

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !