Dashboards & Reporting

jeetdoshi
Contributor

Unable to create custom dashboard

SOLVE

Hi Team,

We at our company have few dedicated sales teams for each service/product vertical, I as the Sales Manager, being associated with multiple sales teams that I have created here on HubSpot, I myself do prospecting for more than one service/product(s).
Now my CEO wants a dedicated dashboard for one of our team, whereby he can see all sales activities, like contact and companies created, emails sent, sequences enrolled, deals created, revenue generated, etc. performed by that particular sales team.
Since I am part of multiple teams and perform sales activities for multiple sales team, when I try to get sales activities for one particular team, it shows and includes sales activities performed for other teams too.

Can someone please help me with this?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @jeetdoshi,

Most reports can be filtered. This can be done directly from your dashboard (hover over a report, wait for the slider icon to appear in the upper right, click it and you should see an option to Edit report). Alternatively, if you find a report in the Report library, you should also see Edit in builder as a clickable option for most reports.

Once you're editing a report, click the Filters button on the upper left of the screen and filter the whole report by Contact owner is any of, Company owner is any of, Deal owner is any of, Activity created by is any of... you get the idea. Under "is any of", add all of the people from the team you're creating this specific report for. You would have to do this for each team, manually.

Unfortunately this filter option is not available for all reports and in that case, you're stuck with the default.

In the dashboard options, you can then set the dashboard to be accessible by specific users and teams only, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/dashboards/manage-your-dashboards#create-dashboards

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jeetdoshi,

You would have to create each report twice. For example, you'd create a "Deals created" report, filtered by deal owners of Team A. (See my previous post for more details.) You'd have to repeat this step, create a second "Deals created" report and filter it by deal owners of Team B.

You can then place all Team A reports in the Team A dashboard and all Team B report in the Team B dashboard.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jeetdoshi,

You would have to create each report twice. For example, you'd create a "Deals created" report, filtered by deal owners of Team A. (See my previous post for more details.) You'd have to repeat this step, create a second "Deals created" report and filter it by deal owners of Team B.

You can then place all Team A reports in the Team A dashboard and all Team B report in the Team B dashboard.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @jeetdoshi,

Most reports can be filtered. This can be done directly from your dashboard (hover over a report, wait for the slider icon to appear in the upper right, click it and you should see an option to Edit report). Alternatively, if you find a report in the Report library, you should also see Edit in builder as a clickable option for most reports.

Once you're editing a report, click the Filters button on the upper left of the screen and filter the whole report by Contact owner is any of, Company owner is any of, Deal owner is any of, Activity created by is any of... you get the idea. Under "is any of", add all of the people from the team you're creating this specific report for. You would have to do this for each team, manually.

Unfortunately this filter option is not available for all reports and in that case, you're stuck with the default.

In the dashboard options, you can then set the dashboard to be accessible by specific users and teams only, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/dashboards/manage-your-dashboards#create-dashboards

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

jeetdoshi
Contributor

SOLVE

Hello @Anonymous !

Thank you for your response. The issue here is, that since I am associated with multiple teams, let's say Team A and Team B, and I do prospecting for both teams. Now when I have to fetch a dedicated dashboard (which would include sales activities, deals created, revenue generated, etc.) to be able to report to the management team for let's say just Team A, I am not able to do just that because the reports show all my activities done for both Team A and Team B as well (since all the activities are done from one user/one email ID), whereas what I intend to do is just report my activities for Team A.

I am sure since Hubspot is such a flexible and comprehensive platform, there has to be a work around.

0 Upvotes