Dashboards & Reporting

bethfoulk
Participant

Trigger a workflow or smart list addition from a DEAL date property

SOLVE

I would like to trigger a sales task or email reminder when the the Revisit Date (custom deal property) is "today."   As is, I think I can only trigger workflows from Contact properties. 

Alternatively, is there a way to add a contact to a smart list only when the date in the deal property (Revisit Date) is equal to "today?"

thoughts?

thank you.

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @bethfoulk

Deal-based workflows are in beta now! I hope that these would allow you do what you are after. 

Meanwhile, you can build a list of contacts based on deal properties, but it will not tell you which deal is of interest. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

And ... 

- see [Now Live] Deal-based and Ticket-based Workflows

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
JPiche

SOLVE

I'd like to create a task based on a deal property date rather than a contact property date. Is this possible? 

More specifically, if the deal stage is client and a deal date field is known, I'd like to create a task for the deal owner to follow up with client on that specific deal date field.

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @bethfoulk

Deal-based workflows are in beta now! I hope that these would allow you do what you are after. 

Meanwhile, you can build a list of contacts based on deal properties, but it will not tell you which deal is of interest. 

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes
bethfoulk
Participant

SOLVE

thank you!

0 Upvotes
palves1

SOLVE

I need to report on the deal itself. - so when a trigger happens I want to alert sales that this deal is now in a new stage.  How can I do that?

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @palves1

A deal-based workflow should work for this, if you have Sales Pro or the Marketing Hub? 

You can set specific deal stages to trigger your workflow, and then create tasks or send internal emails in the workflow actions. 

An alternative way to do this would be to do it right in the pipeline automation tab. More details on this here: How do I automate tasks on deal stages?

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes