Tracking sales and marketing activities in takes to close-win a dealSOLVE
I want to report on how many sales and marketing activities it typically takes to close win our deals.
HubSpot stores the data for a variety of fields I want to track (shown below) but the problem with this data is that even after someone becomes a customer, the data continues to update. So the number of sales activities continues to grow. I am looking to capture the activity that it took to get a deal only to the close won status.
For every closed-won deal, I want to know the following on both the contact and company records:
- Number of sales activities prior to closing
- Number of times contacts prior to closing
- Number of page views prior to closing
- Number of sessions prior to closing
- Broadcast clicks prior to closing
- Facebook clicks prior to closing
- LinkedIn clicks prior to closing
- Twitter clicks prior to closing
- Marketing emails opened prior to closing
- Marketing emails clicked prior to closing
- Number of event completions prior to closing
- Number of unique forms submitted prior to closing
Again, HubSpot has these fields and data already but I only want to report on these numbers as it stands when the deal becomes closed-won.
I was thinking about creating custom fields for each of these and copying over the value of the existing fields above into the new field at the time of closing. These fields would then not auto-update from anything else. Would this work for this purpose? Has anyone else found a better way?
Solved! Go to Solution.