Dashboards & Reporting

ustele
Membre

Tracking deal stage totals against targets

Résolue

Hi all

Along the lines of this post about total pipeline value, does anyone know of a way you can add a target to each deal stage e.g. based on achieving $500k of sales this year, we need $2.5M at the top of the funnel, which will mean 50% of that will get to first meeting etc?

Thanks!

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
kcooper
Solution
Contributeur de premier rang

Résolue

@ustele - I am a bit unclear what exactly you are trying to achieve, and where. 

If you are looking for a report that will show you your funnel total by deal stage, you can create one like so: Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 9.40.17 AM.png

This is ours which shows the weighted total in each deal stage for all the deals closing this quarter. You can edit the filters/conditions to show total pipeline value in each stage, or change how it is visualized to show you a sum instead of breaking it out by stage (to see total pipeline in one number). 

I would suggest setting up a report like this and then keeping track of these numbers to make sure that they are meeting your requirements. 

I can't think of a way at the moment to put some kind of quota or target on the top of your funnel, because the quota part of the reporting module counts Closed Won$, not $ still in the pipeline. - Here is the article on setting a quota.

Let me know if I completely missed the mark here...

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

5 Réponses
kcooper
Solution

Résolue

@ustele - I am a bit unclear what exactly you are trying to achieve, and where. 

If you are looking for a report that will show you your funnel total by deal stage, you can create one like so: Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 9.40.17 AM.png

This is ours which shows the weighted total in each deal stage for all the deals closing this quarter. You can edit the filters/conditions to show total pipeline value in each stage, or change how it is visualized to show you a sum instead of breaking it out by stage (to see total pipeline in one number). 

I would suggest setting up a report like this and then keeping track of these numbers to make sure that they are meeting your requirements. 

I can't think of a way at the moment to put some kind of quota or target on the top of your funnel, because the quota part of the reporting module counts Closed Won$, not $ still in the pipeline. - Here is the article on setting a quota.

Let me know if I completely missed the mark here...

ustele
Membre

Résolue

Hi kcooper

Thanks so much for your detailed reply. There are certainly elements of it that help. I'll try and explain what we're after.

Lets say for arguments sake that we need to make £500k of sales this year (not bothered about monthly targets as our sales cycle is long). We have the following deal stages;

• prospect
  • first meeting
  • solution design
  • proposal
  • contracting
  • won

We predict that 50% of those in contracting we will win. Therefore we need £1M worth of leads at contracting stage. 

We predict that 50% of those at proposal will move to contracting. Therefore we need £2M worth of leads in Proposal etc etc

Its these values (the £1M, £2M etc) above that we would like to be able to record against the relevant deal stage so we can track how well our deal stages are performing. 

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks 

0 Votes
kcooper

Résolue

Do you expect to see about that much in each stage at any given time? So if you were to take a snapshot of your funnel totals by stage you would see 1M in Contracts and 2M in Proposal?

ustele
Membre

Résolue

yes thats right. In the screenshot you shared, we'd just like to be able to see the targets against the total of each deal stage.

0 Votes
MAFoulkes
Membre

Résolue
Hello

We’re adding the ability to track your monthly pipeline against targets in our app this month. You’ll soon be able to track targets by owner, client, and a business level. Along with many other useful features. It’s free to signup here - www.quarterone.com
0 Votes