Tracking attribution on 3rd party siteSOLVE
We're trying to solve for an attribution challenge where visitors go from our website to a 3rd party site to complete their purchase (registration in our case).
Our current set up for recording customers in Hubspot is as follows:
- Prospects land on our site and eventually click a CTA to register which leads to a 3rd party registration platform.
- It's at this point I suspect that the Hubspot code snippet places a cookie in the prospect's browser and captures source data.
- A prospect completes the registration and checkout process on the third party site
- We have an integration built that sends the new customer data from the third party site to Hubspot.
- In a large number of cases, the first time we capture an email address is during registration on the third party site and as a result, the Original Source value in Hubspot is Offline Sources
- We just set up cross-domain tracking but we don't have a method (or know if it's even possible) to match the source data captured on the prospect's first visit to our website with the contact information captured during the registration process and sent to Hubspot.
Does anyone have a similar setup or know of a possible solution?
Solved! Go to Solution.