Dashboards & Reporting

KAbel
Participant

Tracking and reporting on meeting duration

Our team needs to be able to report on the amount of time spent in meetings with a client - for purposes during the sales cycle and customer support post sale. 

Meeting duration is a property on meetings but not able to be pulled into reports. I would love to be able to pull a report of time spent (minutes/hours) with a certain account.

Has anyone found a work around for this or is also in need of something like this?

6 Replies 6
Participant

It's incredible how Hubspot does not allow to do a report on time duration!!!

This is so key in client engagement. Please do it soon!

FDiPatri
Participant

Agreed that this is a necessary feature. I'm not sure how we're able to log meeting duration from a dropdown, but we can't pull it as a property in custom reports. From a customer service side, we have a set amount of training hours baked into onboarding. After which, we charge the customer an hourly rate. If we can log meetings as trainings and log their duration, there absolutely should be a report that tallies the training time per ticket or per contact. 

DarrenScottUK
Contributor

Agree, definitely need this, why is this not available as a standard calculation? Surely it can't be that difficult to add in. This would be a basic requirement for a sales team to track meeting length and also how much time per day/week sopent on engagements. We are forced to either export to excel (hardly suitable when we use automated reporting etc) or use another provider. 

KHastings
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Needed feature! 

ajhahn

adding my plus one to this thread - annoying that it's a loggable time (activity duration) but not able to be pulled into a report? or have I missed something? 🙂 

jolle
Recognized Expert | Partner
Recognized Expert | Partner

Hey @KAbel, thanks for reaching out! This is an interesting use case.

The meeting duration you're seeing is the scheduled amount of time, not the actual amount of time spent on the call (HubSpot can't track that). 

Do you offer multiple duration options in your Meetings links? Or is there a meeting duration that's selected most often? If reporting on this is really important to you, you may want to consider offering 1-2 duration options (as long as you don't feel it will hurt your user experience) so that you can more easily do the math if you know the total number of meetings booked. You could even potentially turn that into a custom calculation property (number of meetings booked x average meeting duration). That will give you a general sense for how many minutes of meetings were booked.

If you want to track the exact amount of time actually spent in the meetings, I think you'll be best off having your reps log that manually. You could either:

1. Create a custom property called "Meeting time" or something like that and have the rep update it after each meeting (making sure to add their new time to the existing value)
  2. Create multiple custom properties (i.e., "Meeting 1 time," "Meeting 2 time") for the rep to update accordingly. You could then add those together as needed

Both of those options are kind of tedious, but it could be worth it depending on how impactful the data is to you and your company!

If you have a certain functionality in mind, I strongly encourage you to share your thoughts and use case in the HubSpot Ideas Forum. If your idea gains enough traction, HubSpot will consider adding functionality to serve your use case!

Hope this helps!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature