Dashboards & Reporting

Jesse
Participant

Tracking a BDRs performance

SOLVE

My sales department just recently added an entry-level BDR to perform some outbound cold-calls. As soon as they have drummed up some interest from a call, our current process is that he change the contact's lifecycle stage to 'SQL' and then change the 'contact owner' to be whichever sales rep will be managing the SQL (scheduling a demo, etc.)

My question to the community is this; how do we track our BDRs performance? At the end of the month i want to be able to run a report and track the leads he's passed over. What do people think is the best way to track this?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MikeLawson
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

@Jesse 

Happy to help here. In my experience grading BDR performance comes down to 4 key elements of their job;

Targeting 

Which accounts is my bdr going after?

Which titles of people is my bdr going after?

Once you know that you can compare ok what % of their outreach are to ideal personas

Activity

Are they meeting the required output of activity on a day to day basis?

Usually this is measured in calls and emails sent

Measure % achievement of daily activity against their daily goals

Content

Are they using company recommended cadences or sequences?

Measure % of emails that follow the recommended sequence or cadence

Sales Accumen

How good are they on the phone?

Now this depends on your process. Normally with BDRs the objective is to schedule a follow up call with the sales rep. So to track this you would want to look at of the people they got on a phone how many did they get a next call with?

This is the framework I recommend to my clients. Happy to chat about it more or how specifically to set it up in Hubspot if you are interested.

Best,

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
donrua
Top Contributor

SOLVE

I think the question points out a challenge we are having. The stages aren't stuck in time. We want to see how many MQL, SQL, Lead, etc were created each month, and by who, but the reports Iv'e seen would modify the totals, rather than hold them in time. i.e. i.e., if the owner changes, or if the stage changes, it changes teh record historically, so I can't really see how many MQL's BDR "A" set up last month, because for that deal the stage changed and owner changed.

0 Upvotes
MikeLawson
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

@Jesse 

Happy to help here. In my experience grading BDR performance comes down to 4 key elements of their job;

Targeting 

Which accounts is my bdr going after?

Which titles of people is my bdr going after?

Once you know that you can compare ok what % of their outreach are to ideal personas

Activity

Are they meeting the required output of activity on a day to day basis?

Usually this is measured in calls and emails sent

Measure % achievement of daily activity against their daily goals

Content

Are they using company recommended cadences or sequences?

Measure % of emails that follow the recommended sequence or cadence

Sales Accumen

How good are they on the phone?

Now this depends on your process. Normally with BDRs the objective is to schedule a follow up call with the sales rep. So to track this you would want to look at of the people they got on a phone how many did they get a next call with?

This is the framework I recommend to my clients. Happy to chat about it more or how specifically to set it up in Hubspot if you are interested.

Best,

Mike

0 Upvotes
STreggiari
Contributor

SOLVE

I know this is an older post, but we're looking at this for our organization now and I have a few questions about these very good  recomendations: 

1) In regard to "Once you know that you can compare ok what % of their outreach are to ideal personas" how do you create a report that tracks that?

2)  For "Are they meeting the required output of activity on a day to day basis? Usually this is measured in calls and emails sent" we've worked with Customer Support to see if we can find a way to track emails sent that does not include sales sequences (since that's not really work the rep is doing). But, they told us that it could not be done. Did oufind a way?

Thank you in advance for your time. 

0 Upvotes