Dashboards & Reporting

AMexicotte
Participant

Tracking Weekly Meetings by New Lead, Existing Deal, and Customer

SOLVE

I am looking to track meetings from previous weeks and separate them into 3 buckets:

• Meetings with new leads: If this is the first meeting with a company, how can we track this? 
  • Meetings with open deals: Tracking all of the meetings with ongoing deals. This will be separate from the first meeting on a deal.
  • Meetings with existing customers: After a deal is closed won, we want to track all meetings with that customer run by the CSMs.

I'm having difficulty separating this data since there doesn't seem to be a filter to separate by object. For customers, I'm thinking of just creating a meeting report that only filters for the property we're using to track customers. Any ideas for separating these out?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
mangelet
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AMexicotte I understand you're having difficulty categorizing meetings into these buckets.

I can think two options to tackle this issue.

1/ First, is to utilize meeting types. You could have different meeting types corresponding to each condition – for example, a qualification meeting for new leads. This way, there would be a relationship between the meeting type and whether it's a new lead, open deal or existing customer.

2/ The second option involves creating custom filters in custom reports. For new leads and customers, you can create a custom report using activity and contact objects as data, while examining the contact's lifecycle stage property to determine if it's a lead or customer. For open deals, consider checking the lead status variable if implemented; otherwise, you may need to implement it. 

Let me know how these approaches work for you. 

Martin Angeletti
HubSpot Veteran (12+ years)

Worried about messing up your HubSpot? I've got your back.

Join the thousands of people who have discovered how to avoid problems with simple tricks and have started to dominate HubSpot (and not be dominated).

️ Don't get left behind.

→ Click the subscribe button and scroll down to find the opt-in box.

Subscribe

Did I help answer your question? Mark this as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
mangelet
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AMexicotte I understand you're having difficulty categorizing meetings into these buckets.

I can think two options to tackle this issue.

1/ First, is to utilize meeting types. You could have different meeting types corresponding to each condition – for example, a qualification meeting for new leads. This way, there would be a relationship between the meeting type and whether it's a new lead, open deal or existing customer.

2/ The second option involves creating custom filters in custom reports. For new leads and customers, you can create a custom report using activity and contact objects as data, while examining the contact's lifecycle stage property to determine if it's a lead or customer. For open deals, consider checking the lead status variable if implemented; otherwise, you may need to implement it. 

Let me know how these approaches work for you. 

Martin Angeletti
HubSpot Veteran (12+ years)

Worried about messing up your HubSpot? I've got your back.

Join the thousands of people who have discovered how to avoid problems with simple tricks and have started to dominate HubSpot (and not be dominated).

️ Don't get left behind.

→ Click the subscribe button and scroll down to find the opt-in box.

Subscribe

Did I help answer your question? Mark this as a solution.

AMexicotte
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks, Martin! Good recommendation on Lead Status. As is the case for everyone, clean data in this field will be the most challenging thing. Is there easy automation you recommend setting up for this field to automatically change once they are tagged to a meeting or deal? I recently got meeting types set up which I can use but it felt like a clunkier work around than simply having the system recognize that the lead is further along in its lifecycle. 

0 Upvotes