Dashboards & Reporting

KaRagh

Tracking Revenue for one time sale

SOLVE

We sell our customers a product one time and it is not a recurring revenue. Does hubspot has a property that can be added to a deal for these one time sales and can these be included as part of revnue tracking?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
ChrisoKlepke
Solution
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey @KaRagh , 

I see now what you mean. You've added the properties for the recurring revenue analytics beta and like to know if and how non-recurring revenue finds a place in that reporting feature, right?

In general, the revenue analytics are just for recurring deals and products to project and estimate future return and how these are impacted by churns and so on. If you like to report on your Deals without recurring revenue, I can suggest the Sales Analytics tool in which you can get all sorts of charts and data regarding your revenue, how it progresses over time and how sales reps. stack up against each other.

There is a lot to discover here. Check the Academy for things like Forecasting and Analytics in Sales Hub for more info.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, 

Chriso

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
ChrisoKlepke

SOLVE

Hey @KaRagh , 

usually we would use Deal property Amount that is one of the default properties. With your case it's pretty straightforward unless I'm missing something. 

You can also use Products and create Line-Items for each Deal when the products you're selling are more or less the same every time. When adding these Line-Items, HubSpot prompts you to update the Amount of the Deal.

Cases like recurring revenue are a bit more complicated because you have to decide on how to calculate the deal amount. But with yours it should be simple.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers, 

Chriso

KaRagh

SOLVE

hi,

Thanks! I have configured recurring revenue amounts to track the ARR under revenue analytics. What I am unable to do it to track revenue for one time sale under revenue analytics. I guess revenue analytics is meant only for ARR.

0 Upvotes
ChrisoKlepke
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @KaRagh , 

I see now what you mean. You've added the properties for the recurring revenue analytics beta and like to know if and how non-recurring revenue finds a place in that reporting feature, right?

In general, the revenue analytics are just for recurring deals and products to project and estimate future return and how these are impacted by churns and so on. If you like to report on your Deals without recurring revenue, I can suggest the Sales Analytics tool in which you can get all sorts of charts and data regarding your revenue, how it progresses over time and how sales reps. stack up against each other.

There is a lot to discover here. Check the Academy for things like Forecasting and Analytics in Sales Hub for more info.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, 

Chriso