Dashboards & Reporting

EKnaack
Contributor

Tracking Revenue Help

SOLVE

Hey there!

I am somewhat familiar with Hubspot lingo and basic functions BUT I need major help on this project. 

Someone set up our revenue tracking before I was here and it is not functional for what we need. It's not really a priority for our teams right now so I am trying to take it on myself because I want to track where we can reward revenue to (campaigns, organic social, etc.)

I have been looking through articles, and courses and I just need pointed in the right direction of where to get started hooking all this up. We do have our data connected to hubspot I believe it's just sorting it out.

Thank you thank you THANK YOU in advance. 

Elise

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

Tracking Revenue Help

SOLVE

Thanks for the mention, @kvlschaefer!

Very good questions, @EKnaack! Echoing @Jnix284, we need to know more about your current and ideal setup to give you the most actionable thoughts.

Revenue tracking typically falls within deals in your sales pipeline(s). It is crucial that you have all applicable contact and company records associated with your deal records in order to report on the full contact lifecycle. If you have all records associated and a standardized way for storing revenue in your deals, it should just be a matter of building the needed reports. 

For revenue forecasting, you'll want to make sure that you have the deal probability percentage configured appropriately for each stage in your deal pipeline. 

If you're handling more complex revenue tracking (i.e,. recurring revenue, variable revenue, products, quotes), that's a much more involved process.

I know this is super general, but hopefully it helps start this process for you!n Feel free to share more details when you get the chance. Thanks!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
jolle
Solution

Tracking Revenue Help

SOLVE

Thanks for the mention, @kvlschaefer!

Very good questions, @EKnaack! Echoing @Jnix284, we need to know more about your current and ideal setup to give you the most actionable thoughts.

Revenue tracking typically falls within deals in your sales pipeline(s). It is crucial that you have all applicable contact and company records associated with your deal records in order to report on the full contact lifecycle. If you have all records associated and a standardized way for storing revenue in your deals, it should just be a matter of building the needed reports. 

For revenue forecasting, you'll want to make sure that you have the deal probability percentage configured appropriately for each stage in your deal pipeline. 

If you're handling more complex revenue tracking (i.e,. recurring revenue, variable revenue, products, quotes), that's a much more involved process.

I know this is super general, but hopefully it helps start this process for you!n Feel free to share more details when you get the chance. Thanks!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Tracking Revenue Help

SOLVE

Hi Elise @EKnaack , happy to help! Can you share more about the current set up and why it is not functional for what you need? It would help to understand what you're already doing so we can provide ideas to improve it.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tracking Revenue Help

SOLVE

Hi @EKnaack,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community, and for the detailed post!

I would like to invite our subject matter experts to this conversation to see if they have advice. 

Hi @danmoyle@Mike_Eastwood@jolle@Jnix284 - Do you have any tips for @EKnaack? How would you recommend getting started with revenue tracking in HubSpot?

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !