Dashboards & Reporting

Marhow

Tracking MRR & ARR and displaying discounts / plan switches

Open question to anyone - How are you using Hubspot to track MRR/ARR when there are promotions (for example discount on the first month) or the customer switches plans? 

I was told by Hubspot Support to list the first discounted month as a one-off. However, I wish to include this as part of the overall MRR/ARR. If I use the "Recurring revenue deal type" for upgrade/downgrade + create separate deals will this show what I need?

3 Replies 3
ALourenco

Hi,

I have a similar question. I want to know how can I insert a 50% discount period for 3 months, and then full price, without Hubspot adding the two MRRs (it shouldn't since they periods do not overlap)

In the example below I have a product with a price of 5k monthly with the following discounts:

3 months waiver (0k)

3 months 50% discount (2.5k)

12 months no discoun (5k)

The MRR should show 5k since none of the periods overlap. But it's showing 7.5k. Does anyone know the solution?

Thank you!!

ALourenco_0-1648471377446.png

MPersson85
Participant

Hey!

I just wanted to comment here to say that I am currently experiencing the exact same problem. We're typically selling 3-year deals with a discount on the first year and I have no idea how to solve this. 

Is there a solution for this yet? 

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, @Marhow I would like to invite some top experts to this conversation so they can share their thoughts, @Nynke_HM @Bryantworks any recommendations to @Marhow?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !