Dashboards & Reporting

spaulsen
Contributor

Tracking Deals that were created from Conversations

SOLVE

Hello HS experts!  I'm relatively new to HS, so this might be a 'no-brainer' for the experienced folks.....

We receive most leads through our HS Inbox and would like to track the number of them that ultimately turn into Deals. What is the best way to accomplish this on Sales Hub Pro?

Thanks in advance

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @spaulsen,

This information is stored in the original source drilldown properties, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/what-do-the-properties-original-source-data-1-and-2-mean In your reporting, you'd be looking for Original source data 1 contains exactly CONVERSATIONS.

You could create custom report (Menu > Reports > Reports > Create custom report > Single object > Deals) and display Count of deals by Create date, filtering the whole report (see Filters button on the upper left) by Original source data 1 contains exactly CONVERSATIONS. This will show you all deals created from conversations by date. (I haven't tested this so please report back if you run into any issues.)

At the moment it's not possible to create a funnel report, showing how many conversations you had and at which rate they converted into deals. Currently, you need to create two reports and cross-reference them yourself.

You could also approach this with two versions of a contact report. One shows all contacts generated from conversations, one shows all contacts generated from conversations associated with deals.

For this, you'd create a custom contact report, and display Count of contacts by Create date and filter the whole report by Original source drill-down 1 contains exactly CONVERSATIONS. This is version 1 of the report. Clone the report and add an additional filter by Associated deals is known.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
spaulsen
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank You Karsten,

We implemented your suggestion to show Deals by Create Date and filtered it by Original source data 1.  We did add another field to Deals called "Deal Type" with the options New Business or Existing Business.  We also added that as a filter to the report and have a very good approximation of the deals that are being created by inbound Conversations.

Cheers!

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @spaulsen,

This information is stored in the original source drilldown properties, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/what-do-the-properties-original-source-data-1-and-2-mean In your reporting, you'd be looking for Original source data 1 contains exactly CONVERSATIONS.

You could create custom report (Menu > Reports > Reports > Create custom report > Single object > Deals) and display Count of deals by Create date, filtering the whole report (see Filters button on the upper left) by Original source data 1 contains exactly CONVERSATIONS. This will show you all deals created from conversations by date. (I haven't tested this so please report back if you run into any issues.)

At the moment it's not possible to create a funnel report, showing how many conversations you had and at which rate they converted into deals. Currently, you need to create two reports and cross-reference them yourself.

You could also approach this with two versions of a contact report. One shows all contacts generated from conversations, one shows all contacts generated from conversations associated with deals.

For this, you'd create a custom contact report, and display Count of contacts by Create date and filter the whole report by Original source drill-down 1 contains exactly CONVERSATIONS. This is version 1 of the report. Clone the report and add an additional filter by Associated deals is known.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

mangelet
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Off course the original source property shows the original source of the contact, not the deal. If many deals are created for the same contact (in the future), you will probably want to attribute that to different sources.

Martin Angeletti
HubSpot Veteran (12+ years)

Worried about messing up your HubSpot? I've got your back.

Join the thousands of people who have discovered how to avoid problems with simple tricks and have started to dominate HubSpot (and not be dominated).

️ Don't get left behind.

→ Click the subscribe button and scroll down to find the opt-in box.

Subscribe

Did I help answer your question? Mark this as a solution.

0 Upvotes