Dashboards & Reporting

randolph
Participant

Tracked Email Status: Failed

SOLVE

Weird.  Most of the emails I've sent out are reading

But it seems that emails are going through because I've had a couple opened (I'm just testing hubspot starting today)

Does failed mean the email bounced? or does fail me Hubspot failed to pull status on the email?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
relabidin
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

That is a possibility. You mentioned that you only use Outlook 365 for remote work, but normally you use Outlook on desktop, correct? If you are using a VPN or proxy to connect O365 when working remote then that could explain the reporting issues.

Our engineering team is aware of some problems connecting with Outlook 365 in an exchange server hybrid deployment environment: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj200581(v=exchg.150).aspx 

Are you able to confirm with your IT team if the above is the current set up you have? If so, our team is currently investigating this issue and in the meantime I recommend sending from Outlook on desktop exclusively.

Rami  

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
relabidin
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @randolph,

A status of Failed means that the email address bounced or was invalid, and as a result, the message could not deliver the message. 

Rami 

0 Upvotes
vas
Participant

SOLVE

I would like to add:

A Failure may also come about if you are using Gmail as your email provider, as they cap you at 200 outbound emails per day. I have several "failure" status, however, the emails are good emails. 

My question is, will Hubspot attempt to resend "failed" emails? If not, then can I pull a report on Hubspot with all statuses that read "Fail"?

0 Upvotes
randolph
Participant

SOLVE

Could it be something else.   It seems almost all of the 100 I sent today are failing.  

0 Upvotes
relabidin
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @randolph,

Looking into this some more I believe this could be an issue related to your connected inbox. When you connect your inbox to HubSpot CRM, emails sent from the platform will be sent from your Gmail or Outlook 365 account, and if we cannot access the inbox them emails will fail to send. 

Do you use Outlook 365 or Gmail? I recommend disconnecting your inbox following these steps:

• To remove the connection to your Google inbox completely, navigate to https://myaccount.google.com/ > Sign in & Security > Connected apps & sites > Apps connected to your account > find HubSpot > Click & Remove.
  • To remove the connection to your Outlook 365 inbox completely, navigate to https://portal.office.com/account/#apps > find Hubspot Sales > Revoke.

After that please reconnect your inbox in Settings > Gmail and Outlook.

Rami 

0 Upvotes
randolph
Participant

SOLVE

Ok new situation.

One of the emails I sent that was showing 'failed' has been now opened.  

Could there be some sort of reporting issue between hubspot and outlook 365?

0 Upvotes
relabidin
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

That is a possibility. You mentioned that you only use Outlook 365 for remote work, but normally you use Outlook on desktop, correct? If you are using a VPN or proxy to connect O365 when working remote then that could explain the reporting issues.

Our engineering team is aware of some problems connecting with Outlook 365 in an exchange server hybrid deployment environment: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj200581(v=exchg.150).aspx 

Are you able to confirm with your IT team if the above is the current set up you have? If so, our team is currently investigating this issue and in the meantime I recommend sending from Outlook on desktop exclusively.

Rami  

0 Upvotes
quicksilk

SOLVE

I'm evaluating HubSpot as both a user, and potential integrator.

I'm using Office 365 Exchange Online.

Initially the tracking for emails I sent from my desktop instance of outlook were being tracked. They no longer are, and even though the notifications display on my desktop when an email is opened, the contact records continues to display Opens: 0   Clicks: 0

Hubpsot Sales Is installed, properly configured, and displaying notifications

Sidekick is installed and properly configured in my Outlook instance

I have revoked and re-installed HubSpot as directed at teh start of this thread.

What's next? Thanks for your help!

Garry

0 Upvotes
Kaz_S

SOLVE

I have the same issue. Is there a definitive solution?

0 Upvotes
randolph
Participant

SOLVE

I did have to reconnect the portal to outlook 365 in the middle of sending emails.

Now I work for a large corporation and the outlook 365 login is for remote usage.  We mainly use the outlook program on our computers. 

Could this possibly cause issues here?  

Its not much harder for me to just send it throught the outlook mail program directly if we need to ( I install the plugin from you guys)

0 Upvotes