Dashboards & Reporting

HGrover
Participant

Track Recurring Revenue When Amount Changes In Some Months

SOLVE

Hello,

My company manages recurring services that can last well over a year, moving from one phase of the project to the next. Sometimes, these phases come with a different monthly fee. 

I understand how to create the recurring monthly revenue tracking, but also need the ability to reflect the changes in the monthly amount. This change in the fee amount could be as short as one month, or as long as a year.

We do not want to take an average and divide it, as we are aiming to provide revenue actuals to leadership and the sales team.

1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @HGrover,

We have encountered the same challenge and have a workaround that works for us...but I can't promise it will be a good fit for you.

We have the original deal amount remain the same, but we have a custom property value that shows CURRENT MRR. In our case, we do this at both the deal level and company level. I use a calculated  property which sums the total of all associated deals CURRENT MRR value. From there I create a report which pulls a sum of all MRR as well as various reports that pull MRR values for various other conditions. It is the responsibility of the account manager to adjust the MRR values when there is a change in contract.

I hope this is helpful!

Thanks for the ping @TiphaineCuisset ! 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @HGrover,

We have encountered the same challenge and have a workaround that works for us...but I can't promise it will be a good fit for you.

We have the original deal amount remain the same, but we have a custom property value that shows CURRENT MRR. In our case, we do this at both the deal level and company level. I use a calculated  property which sums the total of all associated deals CURRENT MRR value. From there I create a report which pulls a sum of all MRR as well as various reports that pull MRR values for various other conditions. It is the responsibility of the account manager to adjust the MRR values when there is a change in contract.

I hope this is helpful!

Thanks for the ping @TiphaineCuisset ! 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

HGrover
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you! That does makes sense. Although it requires an extra step, I find that the overall convenience of using HubSpot far outweighs any alternatives. 

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @HGrover 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I'm going to tag some of our experts here - @Josh @Mike_Eastwood @Drew_Cohen how would you go about this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !