Dashboards & Reporting

Hana
Membro

Time in current deal stage

resolver

Hi, is there a way how I can see in dashboard current deal stages and current time in each stage. I found out that "Time in stage xxx" shows values only for deals which finished, has been moved from this stage.

This would help us to understand and identify deals they are in delays or simply to see that there can be a problem if the deal is not moving and already spend more than 5 days in current stage.

1 Solução aceita
HarvestROI
Solução
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Platinum

resolver

You can create a "time between" but that doesn't tell you how much time it is currently in the stage. For that, you would need to have a "today's date" property and calculate the time between today and the date it entered the stage. Unfortunately, there is no way to automatically populate today's date.

Exibir solução no post original

23 Respostas 23
TBensoussan
Participante

resolver

I agree that this is a MUST and requirement for most businesses to see how their deals are progressing!!! 

Please prioritize HubSpot! Thank you!

fireflyevents
Participante

resolver

Look into Deal Tags. It will at least tag deals that are X numbers of days old (or whatever you decide to set-up). It doesn't tell you how long in current stage though. 

BérangèreL
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hi @fireflyevents and all,

Thank you for your suggestion!

I’ve noticed a similar idea already present in our Ideas Forum: "Time in Deal Stage".

To contribute, you can upvote the existing idea and share more details about your specific use case in the comments.

Thank you and have a great day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

0 Avaliação positiva
Hildegaard
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Please populate a today's date automatically

0 Avaliação positiva
vanessahunt
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Platinum
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Platinum

resolver

This seems to be a valid requirement for most businesses. This was requested in 2017 - it's a few years down the line, so would love to know if there is an update on this. We would easily like to see:

How long has a Deal been in each Stage?

Pleeease can this be prioritised, HubSpot. Thank you 🙏🏻

BérangèreL
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hi @vanessahunt,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I found for you the solution from @karstenkoehler on this post "Create "time in deal stage" report" that explains how to do this 🙂

Have a great day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

0 Avaliação positiva
DStaat
Participante

resolver

Hey @Hana,

There's an app called Timerman that would help with this! It tracks the times by stage on your deals and tickets and records them for you.

DStaat_0-1691612508918.png

You can check out the app on the HubSpot Marketplace here. I'd also be happy to hop on a call with you and help you get set up!

Best,

-David Staat

0 Avaliação positiva
aviggiano
Participante

resolver

Hello

I managed to calculate "Today's Date" using the following Workflow:

screenshot-2020-12-01-23-16-13.png

RWollerich
Participante | Parceiro Ouro
Participante | Parceiro Ouro

resolver

This seems to be heading into the right direction. I've set up the following to calculate time in current deal stage: 
1. for each deal stage you create a property called 'time in X deal stage'. 

2. you create a workflow that says: if deal is in stage X, copy value of 'time in X deal stage' into 'time in current deal stage'. In the workflow, you set this up for each deal stage and voila!

bfricke
Participante | Parceiro Diamante
Participante | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Have you done anything past this step? I tried to then create a calculated property but I couldn't not do so using this new field. 

0 Avaliação positiva
aviggiano
Participante

resolver

Yes, I followed this step on this other thread to create a "calculated field" that subtract two dates. 

edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @Hana Welcome to the Community!  This thread https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Sales-Dashboards-Reporting/Report-of-dates-and-times-spent-in-deal-... issues around creating an actvie Time-in-deal-stage report in depth. Basically, the algorithm would have to be constantly recalculating the number of days in stage, which is technically not possible at this time.

There is suggestion in the Ideas Forum located here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Dates-Spent-In-Deal-Stage/idi-p/11064 Could you head over and add your feedback?  

Ed

INBOUND 2017 is just around the corner. Find out more at inbound.com or check out the post on the main Community page and check out the upcoming AMA with Deb Calvert. 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Dave94040
Participante

resolver

Hi Ed,  Back in 2017, you said Hubspot could not tell the sales team the time spent in various stages of the deal, to help monitor deal flow.  It's been three years.  Any progress on that? Dave

PamCotton
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hello @Dave94040 and @lpodolsky,

Currently, you can create a "time between" property ( more information here ), please note that this function is required a Pro/ Enterprise subscription.

I will also share this ideas forum here,  about this idea.

I hope this information helps.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Avaliação positiva
HarvestROI
Solução

resolver

You can create a "time between" but that doesn't tell you how much time it is currently in the stage. For that, you would need to have a "today's date" property and calculate the time between today and the date it entered the stage. Unfortunately, there is no way to automatically populate today's date.

Laureng47
Participante

resolver

This is such a critical metric for ensuring deals are moving at the right pace and to unstick deals that are stuck in a stage. I'd like to add a +1 to desperately needing the "today's date" property to do my job as a sales leader properly with hubspot as our CRM. I'd love an update as to where this sits on the roadmap. 

PamCotton
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hello @Laureng47 

We have an ongoing thread that requests the ability to calculate "current time in stage" or "time until TODAY"  Here

I'd suggest if you could please give it an upvote and leave us your feedback on the link above it will help our product team to see what other users are in need.

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Laureng47
Participante

resolver

Thanks Pam! I will do that now 🙂

lpodolsky
Participante

resolver

Hello, Did this get resolved? It would be helpful to run a simple view or report and show days in stage for every deal in the pipeline or the date the deal entered the stage. 

lpodolsky
Participante

resolver

Hi, Did you guys solve this? Seems like a basic piece of functionality to have.