Dashboards & Reporting

GTimmermans7
Participant

Tasks automatically deleted

SOLVE

Hi everyone

I'm an intern and I haven't been using Hubspot for long so maybe this question is very simple for some of you. I tried to find something about it but couldn't find anything that fit.

The problem I'm having is that when I create a task for someone it gets automatically deleted after a few seconds. When I create a task for myself it doesn't. My account has access to the sales side of hubspot so that can't be it. Do I have to be superadmin to be able to create tasks for someone else? Oh, and we use the free version of Hubspot but that shouldn't be a problem right?

Thanks for your help guys!

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @GTimmermans7,

Could you confirm that you're not looking at a filtered view, meaning: no selection made under More filters and Assignees set to "All assignees"? The default for Assignees is "Me".

karstenkoehler_0-1636104678608.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
GTimmermans7
Participant

SOLVE

That's it, amazing man, thank you so much

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Happy to help!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @GTimmermans7,

It sounds like you simply don't have the permission to view other user's tasks. You'd still be able to create tasks for other users, but once HubSpot notices that it's not assigned to you, it disappears from your view. 

See for example these user settings:

karstenkoehler_0-1636034995300.png

A person with these permissions would be able to create records and tasks, but once assigned to another person, this user couldn't see these records or tasks anymore.

This knowledge base article explains how these settings can be changed: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/hubspot-user-permissions-guide

You'd have to reach out to an admin in your portal to change your permissions.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
GTimmermans7
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, someone at my office made me Superadmin, but I can still not see any tasks I made for other people. Is there still something I need to do?

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @GTimmermans7,

Could you confirm that you're not looking at a filtered view, meaning: no selection made under More filters and Assignees set to "All assignees"? The default for Assignees is "Me".

karstenkoehler_0-1636104678608.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

GTimmermans7
Participant

SOLVE

This makes total sense!

I'm going to try this out.

Thank you