Dashboards & Reporting

MarshallAMS
Participant

Target Accounts Report

SOLVE

Hello-

We recently activated the Target Accounts feature for Sales and Marketing Pro. My team wants a report on our dashboard that displays 'touches' (sales activities) for each. Is there a better way to report on this than just going to the 'Target Accounts' tab on HubSpot?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Target Accounts Report

SOLVE

Hi @MarshallAMS,

The easiest way to accomplish this is through the custom report builder. Navigate to Menu > Reports > Reports > Create custom report > Custom Report Builder, select "Companies" and "Sales activities" as data sources.

Depending on how many target accounts, it might make sense to create one "feed" per company. This will not look as nice as the default activity feed reports from the report library, unfortunately, because they cannot be customized. But they'll still have the information that you're looking for.

Once you're in the custom report builder, go to the Filters tab and filter for either Name (e.g. ACME) or Company domain (e.g. acme.com). Your report is now only looking at activities associated with this company:

karstenkoehler_2-1624367422846.png

Next, in the Configure tab, select the chart type Table. You can now drag and drop all activity properties into the table. Each activity type has their own name property, so your table will have quite a few empty cells (because a meeting will not have an email subject, for example). I would suggest the following columns for starters:

karstenkoehler_3-1624367433202.png

Add and remove properties to your liking.

On the top right of the screen, sort your table so that the latest activities always show up at the top:

karstenkoehler_1-1624367388864.png

You could now save this report to a dashboard for target accounts and repeat the process (clone it) for other companies.

Let me know if I should specify any of the steps outlined above. Happy to help.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Target Accounts Report

SOLVE

Hi @MarshallAMS,

The easiest way to accomplish this is through the custom report builder. Navigate to Menu > Reports > Reports > Create custom report > Custom Report Builder, select "Companies" and "Sales activities" as data sources.

Depending on how many target accounts, it might make sense to create one "feed" per company. This will not look as nice as the default activity feed reports from the report library, unfortunately, because they cannot be customized. But they'll still have the information that you're looking for.

Once you're in the custom report builder, go to the Filters tab and filter for either Name (e.g. ACME) or Company domain (e.g. acme.com). Your report is now only looking at activities associated with this company:

karstenkoehler_2-1624367422846.png

Next, in the Configure tab, select the chart type Table. You can now drag and drop all activity properties into the table. Each activity type has their own name property, so your table will have quite a few empty cells (because a meeting will not have an email subject, for example). I would suggest the following columns for starters:

karstenkoehler_3-1624367433202.png

Add and remove properties to your liking.

On the top right of the screen, sort your table so that the latest activities always show up at the top:

karstenkoehler_1-1624367388864.png

You could now save this report to a dashboard for target accounts and repeat the process (clone it) for other companies.

Let me know if I should specify any of the steps outlined above. Happy to help.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.