Splitting deal amount into increments

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hello! We are looking to use Hubspot CRM as a revenue forecasting tool. We have our deals set up to where the deal amount reflects the total revenue potential, but in reality the revenue will be won in increments across multiple months or perhaps years. Is there a way to spread the total deal amount across multiple close dates? Basically, looking for a way to split out the total deal amount into increments to avoid having to create all new deals to account for those separate increments. End goal is to visualize total revenue expected across time.

Thanks!

9 Replies 9
Highlighted
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @Trevor Welcome to the community. At this time there is not a way to spread deal amounts over incremental closing dates.  Your best resort is to create seperate smaller deals over the life of sales cycle. 

Great idea though. Can you add this as a post to our ideas forum

Thank you,

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Try checking out www.quarterone.com - I think this might solve the problem

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Check out www.quarterone.com - they have resolved this issue

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

I'd like this feature too.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted

Is QuarterOne the only option to split deal revenue over several months? 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@hgasbarro 

I work for a company called Rekener, we sell another analytics software that integrates with Hubspot. I work on the solutions team and have build out these types of models before for my customers. Usually I do it for companies in the advertising space.

Happy to talk more about it if you are interested.

Best,

Mike

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Trevor, we have a separate pipeline for deals that fund in increments - we call them progress funding. The deal doesn't actually show up as a "won" deal until it's all the way through, but this allows our sales people to see what stands where in terms of funding.

Not an exact answer to your request, but could possibly be a work-around.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

You could also create new fields for forecasted revenue in each coming quarter, and update it manually. Certainly not a pretty solution.

Brian

methoddata.com

Hubspot Reporting Tools