Splitting deal amount into increments

Trevor
Contributor

Hello! We are looking to use Hubspot CRM as a revenue forecasting tool. We have our deals set up to where the deal amount reflects the total revenue potential, but in reality the revenue will be won in increments across multiple months or perhaps years. Is there a way to spread the total deal amount across multiple close dates? Basically, looking for a way to split out the total deal amount into increments to avoid having to create all new deals to account for those separate increments. End goal is to visualize total revenue expected across time.

Thanks!

13 Replies 13
edjusten
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Trevor Welcome to the community. At this time there is not a way to spread deal amounts over incremental closing dates.  Your best resort is to create seperate smaller deals over the life of sales cycle. 

Great idea though. Can you add this as a post to our ideas forum

Thank you,

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Trevor
Contributor

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
Michfoulk

Try checking out www.quarterone.com - I think this might solve the problem

AEsquivelECI
Participant

does it integrate with hubspot deals or how do you use the two together?

0 Upvotes
MFoulkes

Check out www.quarterone.com - they have resolved this issue

tomhaworth
Participant

I'd like this feature too.

0 Upvotes
hgasbarro

Is QuarterOne the only option to split deal revenue over several months? 

0 Upvotes
MikeLawson
Contributor

@hgasbarro 

I work for a company called Rekener, we sell another analytics software that integrates with Hubspot. I work on the solutions team and have build out these types of models before for my customers. Usually I do it for companies in the advertising space.

Happy to talk more about it if you are interested.

Best,

Mike

0 Upvotes
mktgqueen
Contributor

Trevor, we have a separate pipeline for deals that fund in increments - we call them progress funding. The deal doesn't actually show up as a "won" deal until it's all the way through, but this allows our sales people to see what stands where in terms of funding.

Not an exact answer to your request, but could possibly be a work-around.

arcbright

You could also create new fields for forecasted revenue in each coming quarter, and update it manually. Certainly not a pretty solution.

Brian

methoddata.com

Hubspot Reporting Tools

carlosrbMad
Participant

I know this might come late, but this would adapt HubSpot to another business model different than direct sales. 

I work at a company where our deals take months to close and normally, they are an income pipeline that lasts months or even ages, depending on the deal type.

Having this possibility, would be perfect to use it also as a sales planning tool and in order to avoid having excels flying around.

Edyta7510
Top Contributor

Hi, just wondering whether there's been any updates on this topic since the first post was published? Thanks

Leadstreet-M
Participant | Diamond Partner

For everyone landing on this post... 🙂
Like @Michfoulk mentions: check out the options of the www.quarterone.com solution.
We are pretty excited about it. 🙂 
Until Hubspot comes with an integrated solution, this looks a good way to cover this question.

0 Upvotes