Dashboards & Reporting

sarahbecherer
Contributor

Setting up reporting dashboards by vertical

SOLVE

Hi there!

New to HubSpot Sales Hub – thanks in advance!

I'm just going to lay this out really frankly instead of using vague variables in order to keep it simple! Here's the scenario:

My company is focusing on two specific verticals/customer segments right now:

1) Commerical Parking Operators

2) Airport Parking Operators

Most of them are in category #1. So in our main sales pipeline, most of the deals fall into this category. The airport parking operators segment is a new push as of last month. So increasingly, deals in the main sales pipeline are Airport Parking Operator deals.

I would like to find a way to split up reporting between these two segments so we can view a dashboard of metrics by vertical.

There is a different sales leader for each of these segments so it would be helpful for Leader #1 to view isolated performance for the Commercial Operator segment and for Leader #2 to view isolated performance for the Airport Operator segment.

I'm new to HubSpot Sales Hub and not fluent in reporting yet (learning more every day!). 

Does anyone have recommendations for how to set up reporting dashboards that isolate performance for each of these verticals?

I'm exploring options such as:

– Creating a Deal-level property to designate Airport and Commercial

– Creating a Company-level property to do the same

– Creating a whole other pipeline entirely for Airport

Thanks in advance!

- SB

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @sarahbecherer 

You are on the right track with your thinking and the order.

Given how customisable deal records and views are, I would normally only recommend separating pipelines when there is a strong business reason for doing so. 

In order to most easily report on pipeline by 'vertical' you do probably want to create that custom deal property for commercial vs airports. This will allow you to easily build reports for just those sectors. 

If the companies you work with fall exclusively into one of those categories too, then you could also benefit from creating a similar property on the company record. With Sales Hub Pro you could then map that property automatically to any new deals. But it probably doesn't make sense if the same company can have both types of property. 

Hope this helps?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @sarahbecherer, completely agree with @Phil_Vallender that the best route would be to start with custom deal properties to break out the verticals in reporting.

I appreciate the details and clarify of the situation, it doesn't sound like there is a strong enough use case to have separate pipelines, which can complicate things quite a bit if not done properly.

I would create a custom property for "Operator Type" with a dropdown to select either "Airport Parking" or "Commercial Parking" so you can then use this to break out the reports with filters or even use it as a metric to show a comparison of the two for both sales leaders.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @sarahbecherer 

You are on the right track with your thinking and the order.

Given how customisable deal records and views are, I would normally only recommend separating pipelines when there is a strong business reason for doing so. 

In order to most easily report on pipeline by 'vertical' you do probably want to create that custom deal property for commercial vs airports. This will allow you to easily build reports for just those sectors. 

If the companies you work with fall exclusively into one of those categories too, then you could also benefit from creating a similar property on the company record. With Sales Hub Pro you could then map that property automatically to any new deals. But it probably doesn't make sense if the same company can have both types of property. 

Hope this helps?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency