Dashboards & Reporting

LStrabelli
Contributor

Sequences to SQL and Closed/Won Reporting

SOLVE

Hello,
Is there a way to report deals that came from specific sequences?
For instance, I'm looking to report a breakdown of how many leads were processed from a particular sequence or sequences, how many turned into SQL's and how many then went on to convert into new MRR (Closed/Won). Many thanks in advance 🙂 

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LStrabelli,

There isn't an out-of-the-box report for this, so the custom report builder is required here (available in Professional and Enterprise licenses). I wasn't able to get this to work with Sequences as a data source but luckily, sequence information is also available on the contact record.

Disclaimer before we dive in: We will not be able to say how many sequences generated SQLs or revenue, we will be able to show how many SQLs or how much revenue was potentially influenced by a sequence.

We'll create a report for each sequence, one by one. (I'm not aware of a better solution.) Here's how you'd approach this.

Navigate to Menu > Reports > Reports > Create custom report > Custom report builder.

Select Contacts as primary data source and Companies.

Next, find out the sequence ID. The sequence ID is the number that you see when you navigate to Menu > Automation > Sequences > Manage and click on a sequence. Your URL should look like this: https://app.hubspot.com/sequences/PORTAL_ID/sequence/SEQUENCE_ID/edit. Copy the sequence ID.

Back in the Filters tab of your report, set up a report filter for the contact property Last sequence enrolled: "Last sequence enrolled has ever been equal to [sequence ID]".

You're report is now pre-filtered by all contacts who engaged with that sequence and you can go ahead and display the number of SQLs (e.g. Became a sales qualified lead date on the X-axis and Count of Contacts on the Y-axis with chart type vertical bar) or the revenue generated (e.g. Total revenue with chart type KPI).

You can of course also use the deal object as data source and display the Closed deal amount instead of the company Total revenue.

Let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
LStrabelli
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, 
It seems when I start a new custom report, it doesn't let me remove that timestamp filter. I am still trying to workaround this report, thanks a lot for your help so far 🙂 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LStrabelli,

You seem to be selecting more than the two data sources (it says 3 in the left sidebar in your screenshot) – can you double check when you're selecting them?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

LStrabelli
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,
Mine show the same, but it doesn't return anything. I have tried (35108358) as well in case I was entering the wrong ID but also it doesn't return anything. Can you spot any mistake I might be making?

LStrabelli_0-1641580762749.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LStrabelli,

There seems to be a third data set (on top of contacts/deals or contacts/companies) with an event timestamp filter. It's limited to the last 90 days, is that intentional? For this report, I would start without any additional filter.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
LStrabelli
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,
Many thanks for your reply!
However, I am struggling with this filter. On my report builder this property "last sequence enrolled" is numeric and automatically takes the entry to a decimal number (I have even tried to put between brackets), it doesn't accept the Sequence ID 😞
Any ideas why?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LStrabelli,

Could you share a screenshot?

For me, this is what it looks like across multiple portals:

karstenkoehler_0-1641580273296.png

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LStrabelli,

There isn't an out-of-the-box report for this, so the custom report builder is required here (available in Professional and Enterprise licenses). I wasn't able to get this to work with Sequences as a data source but luckily, sequence information is also available on the contact record.

Disclaimer before we dive in: We will not be able to say how many sequences generated SQLs or revenue, we will be able to show how many SQLs or how much revenue was potentially influenced by a sequence.

We'll create a report for each sequence, one by one. (I'm not aware of a better solution.) Here's how you'd approach this.

Navigate to Menu > Reports > Reports > Create custom report > Custom report builder.

Select Contacts as primary data source and Companies.

Next, find out the sequence ID. The sequence ID is the number that you see when you navigate to Menu > Automation > Sequences > Manage and click on a sequence. Your URL should look like this: https://app.hubspot.com/sequences/PORTAL_ID/sequence/SEQUENCE_ID/edit. Copy the sequence ID.

Back in the Filters tab of your report, set up a report filter for the contact property Last sequence enrolled: "Last sequence enrolled has ever been equal to [sequence ID]".

You're report is now pre-filtered by all contacts who engaged with that sequence and you can go ahead and display the number of SQLs (e.g. Became a sales qualified lead date on the X-axis and Count of Contacts on the Y-axis with chart type vertical bar) or the revenue generated (e.g. Total revenue with chart type KPI).

You can of course also use the deal object as data source and display the Closed deal amount instead of the company Total revenue.

Let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler