SaaS Revenue Forecast Broken Down By Month

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello everyone,

I am brand new to HubSpot, and I need some help.

I am the Director of Sales for a SaaS-based company. My company sells licenses for mobile devices, and we sell annual contracts. The problem is that our customers ramp up over time, and every month during the contract term, we recognize different amounts of revenue. I am struggling to try and find a CRM that can map this out for me so that I don't have to manually build it out in Excel, which takes up hours and hours of my time every week.

Here is an example of what I mean:

Say a customer wants to purchase 100 licenses, but they anticipate adding 100 additional licenses each month for 12 months. To keep things simple, let's say that we charge $1 per license per month. We also charge an Implementation fee upfront. So, in January, the customer would pay us $1,000 for the Implementation fee and then $100 for the licenses. In February, they would pay us $200 for the licenses (100 from Jan and 100 for Feb). In March, they would pay us $300 (200 licenses for Jan and Feb and 100 for March). This would repeat until in December they pay us $1,200. You get the idea. It is easy to calculate this and put it in a contract, but it is hard to build a forecasting report out that shows this when we have 50 plus deals closing each month.

My CEO is continually hounding me for updated forecast reports for the next 12 months, and again, I am manually building these out in Excel. There has to be a better way to do this. I found another HubSpot post where someone said that they use a third-party software called Quarterone to do this, but it still requires a lot of manual entry, and I would really like to keep everything in one place.

Does anyone know if HubSpot can handle this type of forecasting model, or am I stuck manually using Excel?

Thanks in advance for your input!

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @AudiThisWorld ,

Let's dive right in! To start, you can 100% filter your Dashboard Reports in HubSpot by a "Rolling Date Range". This means that you can update your data as needed, which should make your CEO happy! I;ve linked a Knowledge Base Article on customizing these reports here just in case. If you have any further questions on this after reviewing the guides please let me know!

Thank you,
Kevin Campbell
HubSpot Support

0 Upvotes