Dashboards & Reporting

bcornman
Contributor

Run a report on opted out contacts

SOLVE

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to run a report of all contacts for specific companies with a column denoted if they are opted out or not. I've seen several column properties called "Opt Out: weekly sales email" "Opt-out: marketing email" but I haven't seen a general property for people who are opted out of all sales and marketing emails. I want to see who actually has the "[Name] is opted out of email" with the yellow question mark on their contact page.

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @bcornman

I stand corrected - there is an 'unsubscribed from all email' contact property, which can also be shown as a column, that should provide the results you are after. 

Contacts (1).png

Does this do what you are after?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
davecriswell
Top Contributor

SOLVE

A spin on this coming up for us is trying to find a way to report on opted-out contacts by date. It doesn't appear there is a contact property of when someone opted out of emails (though there is a record of it in the contact property history.

Has anyone tried to do this or know of a way it could be done?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post quickly by accepting the solution

Q: Report of all contacts for specific companies with a column denoted if they are opted out or not?

Short A: No such report. However, ...

Correction:  Use 'Unsubscribed from all email' view filter

Longer A:

You may filter contacts based on their opt-out status for Sales emails (if known).

(see image)

hubspot-crm-contact-view-filter-opted-out-of-email.png

We prefer to build smart lists and use those smart lists to feed our contact view filters. A much more robust and scalable solution.

(see image)

hubspot-crm-contact-view-filter-opted-out-of-email-in-smart-list.png

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this 'solution'.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
bcornman
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Frank,

If I'm understanding this properly, your solution only works to find out if anyone on the list has opted out of a specific email, NOT that they are generally opted out. If that is the case, then no that does not solve my question.

When creating a list I see options similar to your screenshot (One to One, marketing information) but those do not equal the contact's being generally opted out of emails. Candidly, I'm not sure what One to One means but it isn't what I'm looking for. I know that because there are a handful of contacts I know specifically are opted out and don't appear on the list when I put that filter on. 

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

>>... your solution only works to find out if anyone on the list has opted out of a specific email ...

Neither of the tactics we proposed involve 'specific emails'. Not sure why you'd think they did.

The preferred smart list method is especially generic with regard to both marketing (one-to-many) and sales (one-to-one) emails.

You'll find your solution in the smart lists PLUS the view filters. Not in the view filters alone.

Hope that helps.

Good luck with your project.

Best,
Frank

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @bcornman

It looks like this has changed since the updates to the preferences system and opted out of all is no longer a contact property. 

When building a list, if you look under the email subscription properties, you should find 'contact has opted out of all of...' as an option as shown here:

Lists.png

I think this will help you build the list you are looking for. 

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes
bcornman
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Phil,

I'm working on building a list but I don't see where to access the email subscription list in your screenshot below. That could possibly be the solution unless that dropdown list only includes specific emails and not whether they're generally opted out. If it is the former (as I suspect) then no, this does not solve my problem.

Brad

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @bcornman

I stand corrected - there is an 'unsubscribed from all email' contact property, which can also be shown as a column, that should provide the results you are after. 

Contacts (1).png

Does this do what you are after?

0 Upvotes
bcornman
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you! This is what I was looking for. I was searched for "opt" or "opted" 

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

I too stand corrected. Would reeeeally be helpful for those properties to be named consistently. 🙂

Have a great day all.

Best,
Frank

#nlmtt

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes