Dashboards & Reporting

MollUser1
投稿者

Revenue Analytics - other Start Date than Deal-Close-Date + Filters

解決

The Revenue Analytics is helpful IF you have always just one Deal running at a company. Also if your Start Date is also the Deal-Close-Date. If you use HubSpot a little differently than that, then you can not use this tool.

Our Deals close with the Close Date, but they only show when the customer agrees to buy.

But our actual Selling point, when we earn our recurring revenue, is tracked with another personalized Date property. Since we sell Licenses we need the Analytics to start, when we actually start to sell and earn money (Starting point from License). 

It would be very helpful if HubSpot users could decide for themselves which starting point is used. Just like a normal filter in any other statistic. Please make the Revenue Analytics, not so stiff and more flexible. This way not a lot of HubSpot users are going to be able to actually use it since personalization is simply not possible.

2件の承認済みベストアンサー
NicoleSengers
解決策
ガイド役 | Elite Partner
ガイド役 | Elite Partner

解決

Hi @MollUser1 

I can see this use case and although you can likely do this using Custom reports and calculated properties it is currently not possible.

Please go to the ideas forum and log this idea so other users can upvote them and perhaps HubSpot will be able to build this: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/ideas

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Kind regards,
Nicole Sengers

元の投稿で解決策を見る

warrendavey
解決策
トップ投稿者 | Diamond Partner
トップ投稿者 | Diamond Partner

解決

@MollUser1 

Could you use a different date for the closing date and then mark the standard close date when revenue is attributed. You could even create a workflow that does this and resets the deal after a close for the official close.  Note that you can make two closed-won stages in a single pipeline.

Additionally, you could automatically create another Deal in a new pipeline that closes when revenue is attributed.  Then you can run your analytics off those metrics. You don't have to house any other data than the attributed revenue.  

Ping me if you want more ideas on automating any of this or to look at custom objects and operations hub for solutions.  I would love to know more about your use case. davey@pearagon.com.

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Davey Waren
Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk

元の投稿で解決策を見る

5件の返信
warrendavey
解決策
トップ投稿者 | Diamond Partner
トップ投稿者 | Diamond Partner

解決

@MollUser1 

Could you use a different date for the closing date and then mark the standard close date when revenue is attributed. You could even create a workflow that does this and resets the deal after a close for the official close.  Note that you can make two closed-won stages in a single pipeline.

Additionally, you could automatically create another Deal in a new pipeline that closes when revenue is attributed.  Then you can run your analytics off those metrics. You don't have to house any other data than the attributed revenue.  

Ping me if you want more ideas on automating any of this or to look at custom objects and operations hub for solutions.  I would love to know more about your use case. davey@pearagon.com.

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Davey Waren
Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk

MiaSrebrnjak
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @MollUser1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! It seems your goal is to track and report on recurring revenue that is generated with licences. Have you created recurring revenue properties to help you analyze your deals, as described in this Knowledge base article? Apologies if this isn't relevant. 

I also wanted to tag a few subject matter experts so they can share their thoughts here. @Bryantworks@NicoleSengers@Mike_Eastwood@warrendavey do you maybe have any tips or recommendations for efficient revenue reporting on sold licences? 

Thank you!

Mia

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

MollUser1
投稿者

解決

Hi @MiaSrebrnjak 

I already have read that documentation and added all the informations according to it.

Sadly it does not have a clear process documented. 
It seams that you can only have one running deal per customer (not in documentation written), also the total amount for upgrades/downgrade deals is not the total deal amount per month, it seems to be the differenve amount so the upgrade/downgrade value. Very confusing and not clear.

Total amount (according to documentation) is for me the total deal amount. Just like for renewal and new deals. 

0 いいね!
MiaSrebrnjak
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @MollUser1 thank you for the additional information and @NicoleSengers for your input here! 

After some digging on our end, I can also confirm that there isn't a way to create a report that would show the Monthly recurring revenue based on what the revenue was for a specific month. A report can only be filtered by frequency based on a date property, and HubSpot reporting doesn't support showing MRR data for a "snapshot" in time.

As @NicoleSengers already suggested, it would be great if you could post your use case in our Ideas forum so it gets visibility from our Product team. I found this Idea with a similar use and would like to encourage you to participate in the idea thread by upvoting and commenting on the post to bring it to our Product team's attention and provide more context. You can check the Ideas Forum Users' Guide here

Thank you!

Mia 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

NicoleSengers
解決策
ガイド役 | Elite Partner
ガイド役 | Elite Partner

解決

Hi @MollUser1 

I can see this use case and although you can likely do this using Custom reports and calculated properties it is currently not possible.

Please go to the ideas forum and log this idea so other users can upvote them and perhaps HubSpot will be able to build this: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/ideas

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Kind regards,
Nicole Sengers