Dashboards & Reporting

peterfilias

Reports exported only have IDs

SOLVE

I am trying to export some reports I've made but when they get exported, they are only showing company ID and deal ID, not the Company Name or Deal Name.

What am I missing here?

1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @peterfilias,

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so can you please include screenshots of what you are seeing and outline how you are getting to the export screen? 

The more information, screenshots and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist! 

Thank you,
Jenny

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13
hubhuman70
Participant

SOLVE

Me too. Hubspot please fix this. It's been five years now. 

jphilbrook
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

I have the exact same issue in the custom report builder. I tried exporting as .csv and .xls - the deal name shows as the deal id. Really annoying. 

SimonDEBRITO
Participant

SOLVE

Hello, 

In custom reports, you need to drag the property you want to see in your report into the "Fields" section. Simply drag & drop your "customer name" and "deal name" property here and it should work:

Company name - reports -.png

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @SimonDEBRITO,

Thanks for sharing!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @peterfilias,

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so can you please include screenshots of what you are seeing and outline how you are getting to the export screen? 

The more information, screenshots and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist! 

Thank you,
Jenny

peterfilias

SOLVE

As a matter of fact, I am still experiencing this issue!

The solution I thought was acceptable actually wasn't. From the Companies list, I figured out to just select with my mouse and paste into a spreadsheet.

For the actual reports I'm trying to make, not a Company List, they come out with only IDs.

While the visualizer shows the company name, it only exports out IDs.

In a report I'm trying to work with for deals closed in 2018, the visualizer shows the deal name and the company name. When I export to CSV, it shows up like this.

2019-01-07_11-20-04.png

Tommy2856
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @peterfilias,

Did you eventually find a solution? Experiencing the same issue as we speak!

Thanks a bunch, 

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Tommy2856,

This is Mia from the Community team! Are you exporting a Deal view via the option Board actions? Please try changing the type of your export file to CSV, the name of the Deal should be inlcuded. I hope this helps!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

Tommy2856
Participant

SOLVE
Hi Mia,

I’ve opened a ticket with Support, so all good from here 😊 Thanks for your quick assistance though!

Kind regards,

Thomas
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Oh, got it! Thank you for the udpate @Tommy2856!  

Kind regards, 

Mia

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @peterfilias,

It looks like you have a subscription that includes HubSpot Technical Support. The best next step in regards to getting this sorted as quickly as possible will be to connect with Support so that they can assist you directly.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
peterfilias

SOLVE

It appears that this issue didn't occur for me again. We can mark it as solved. I'm just curious as to why I had that behavior in the first place. Was it just a temporary glitch/outage on the company name lookup?

0 Upvotes
JMulchrone7
Participant

SOLVE

Nope not a temp issue. It is now 2023 and I am having the same thing. Trying to pull a list of contacts to cross reference against salesforce and just getting ID's which is of no use whatsoever. Also had this pulling anything that is a time or date property, you just get a load of random numbers that are useless.