Dashboards & Reporting

Edyta7510
Guide

Reporting on revenue by company + aggregate child companies revenue under parent

SOLVE

Hi All, 

I've been struggling to get this right, perhaps some of you may help. 

I'd like to generate a simple report showing revenue by company. 

Some of the companies from my list are "parent" companies (as on the example below). In the same time, the majority of companies doesn't have ANY parent/child relationship. 

For parent/child, I associated them using the standard "Related companies feature". 

parent-child.png

How to produce a report where parent and child companies would show in the same column? (stacked view) 

Thanks!

2 Accepted solutions
Edyta7510
Solution
Guide

Reporting on revenue by company + aggregate child companies revenue under parent

SOLVE

Hi @MiaSrebrnjak 

I'll upvote the idea. 

I have found another workaround. 

I created a custom property called Partner Company (custom). I manually filled in values for our existing accounts when applicable. 

When there is no parent company, I copied property value via workflow. (company name -> parent company custom). 

For reports I'm able to use that Parent Company custom on axe X and breakdown by company name. 

It works perfectly! 

Regards, 

Edyta

View solution in original post

Edyta7510
Solution
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @ReshmaRR 

Sorry for a delay in my response. 

It's been a combination of workflow and manual process. 

• First, I created a new company property called Company L1  - with workflow I copied company name values to this property and manually updated Company L1 field for those companies that had a parent (for those Company L1 was the Group Name).
  • I then used Company L1 instead of company name in my deal reports (showing revenue, etc). 

Perhaps I overengineered it a little, but it works well. In our case, we have a pretty stable number of companies/we work mostly with IB, so it's not a problem. 

Hope that helps!

Edyta

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
Edyta7510
Solution
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @ReshmaRR 

Sorry for a delay in my response. 

It's been a combination of workflow and manual process. 

• First, I created a new company property called Company L1  - with workflow I copied company name values to this property and manually updated Company L1 field for those companies that had a parent (for those Company L1 was the Group Name).
  • I then used Company L1 instead of company name in my deal reports (showing revenue, etc). 

Perhaps I overengineered it a little, but it works well. In our case, we have a pretty stable number of companies/we work mostly with IB, so it's not a problem. 

Hope that helps!

Edyta

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Great workaround 👍, thank you for sharing @Edyta7510

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

Edyta7510
Solution
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @MiaSrebrnjak 

I'll upvote the idea. 

I have found another workaround. 

I created a custom property called Partner Company (custom). I manually filled in values for our existing accounts when applicable. 

When there is no parent company, I copied property value via workflow. (company name -> parent company custom). 

For reports I'm able to use that Parent Company custom on axe X and breakdown by company name. 

It works perfectly! 

Regards, 

Edyta

ReshmaRR
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Edtya,

How did you manage to create a workflow that copies the company name and add a new option within the Parent Company property?

Thanks,

Reshma

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @ReshmaRR,

Thank you for your comment!

@Edyta7510 I wanted to tag you under Reshma's question to make sure it's on your radar - it would be great if you could share more details about the workflow you created (company name -> parent company custom).

Thank you! 

Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

That's great, thanks for sharing @Edyta7510!

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Edyta7510,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

Currently, there isn't an option to combine revenue data for parent/child companies.

This is, however, an excellent product idea that has already been posted on our Ideas forum - you can find it here. The HubSpot Ideas Forum is a place for HubSpot users to discuss feature requests with each other and the HubSpot Product Team. We want you to tell us what features you'd like built! I would like to encourage you to participate in the idea thread by upvoting and commenting on the post to bring it to our Product team's attention and provide more context. You can check the Ideas Forum Users' Guide here

A possible workaround would be to export the reports in a spreadsheet format and make adjustments in the sheet for report purposes.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Mia

KCadogan
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Mia - The best part of a good Sales/CRM is ... no more sheets.

It's really important that we have a one-source reporting for our users.  

Additionally, we need not only a parent/child reporting as described above, but same reporting structure for our reseller/partners and their end-user customers.  

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @KCadogan, thank you for your comment. Parent/child relationships between companies are currently still associational only and there are no reporting options available, as filters also don't have visibility into a parent/child relationship. 

I, however, definitely understand how parent/child reporting would benefit sales teams! I'd therefore recommend to continue monitoring this Ideas post and share it with your organisation – product pays particular attention to the top voted ideas & takes them into consideration along with other feedback channels as well as their own vision to understand what features will be most valuable.

I also found this ongoing conversation about managing reseller/partner sales in HubSpot: Adding resellers to deals

Thank you,

Mia, Community team