Dashboards & Reporting

casebook_brian
Contributor

Reporting on lost deals by company's annual revenue

SOLVE

I'm trying to come up with a visualization that will show the deals that we've lost, broken down by the annual revenue of the associated company. 

I'm pulling data across deals and companies and filtering to the desired results, but when I add "Annual Revenue", I don't have the option to do a count per amount, rather it treats it like this: 

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 8.10.32 AM.png

Any ideas on how I could have a graph that shows me the number of deals that we've lost, broken down by the pre-filled annual revenue property in the company record? Thanks!

-Brian 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @casebook_brian,

This doesn't seem to be possible in the 'old' report builder. (HubSpot doesn't allow you to add both Count of deals and Annual revenue (Company) to the same report.)

I've tested this using the new Custom Report Builder BETA, which you might be able to access through https://app.hubspot.com/advanced-builder/1234567/, with 1234567 replaced by your portal ID. With settings as shown below, you should be seeing the visualization you're looking for:

deals-by-revenue.png

Values on the X-axis will be far from linear, so you might want to think about creating a custom property to put companies into buckets, based on their annual revenue, but that's optional. Edit: This is what @Josh is mentioning in this post!

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @casebook_brian,

This doesn't seem to be possible in the 'old' report builder. (HubSpot doesn't allow you to add both Count of deals and Annual revenue (Company) to the same report.)

I've tested this using the new Custom Report Builder BETA, which you might be able to access through https://app.hubspot.com/advanced-builder/1234567/, with 1234567 replaced by your portal ID. With settings as shown below, you should be seeing the visualization you're looking for:

deals-by-revenue.png

Values on the X-axis will be far from linear, so you might want to think about creating a custom property to put companies into buckets, based on their annual revenue, but that's optional. Edit: This is what @Josh is mentioning in this post!

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

casebook_brian
Contributor

SOLVE

The new reporting engine for the win. I was able to create what I was looking for and more!

Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @casebook_brian,

I've played around with this as well. You may have to rely on your second option and copy the annual revenue from the company over to the deals and report that way.

Another option is to create a company property using annual revenue ranges and set the value using a workflow. Your outcome would be something like this:

• Company Revenue: $0-1,000,000 Deals Lost: 3
  • Company Revenue: $1,000,000 - $10,000,000 Deals Lost: 2

With that setup, you could create a graph or chart. Some work up-front, but it might give you the desired output you are looking for.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
casebook_brian
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks Josh - it looks like the new reporting beta allows this functionality - hopefully that will be the best path forward. In the meantime for those that don't have/want the beta - your solution is the best option. Thanks again.

0 Upvotes
casebook_brian
Contributor

SOLVE

I should have added: I've considered adding a property to Deals that has a drop-down with the various amounts and then a workflow that copies it over from company - but I was hoping for something cleaner...

0 Upvotes