Dashboards & Reporting

michaelhayes
Participant

Reporting on historical deal amounts

SOLVE

Hi All, 

We're looking for a way to capture the historical value of deals in a report. For us, 'deals' represent investments in our product, so we adjust the deal amount based on whether a client makes an additional investment or a redemption.

Is there a way to report on the change in property value over time? At the moment we are doing so by generating a deal report each month, exporting it and then adding the value to an external spreadsheet but ideally would like to capture this detail in the CRM dashboard.

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @michaelhayes,

HubSpot doesn't offer a lot of flexilibity yet for reporting on historic values. If you are reporting on historic values in an Excel sheet, I'd recommend checking out this feature: Export a property's historical data. It might make your monthly task easier, depending on what exactly you're visualizing.

In terms of default reports, there are some in the sales analytics (Menu > Reports > Analytics tools > Sales analytics > Forecasts & Pipelines > Historical snapshots > tab Deal size). This is a very specific visualization but maybe you can use the settings in the right sidebar to create and save multiple versions of this for a bigger dashboard.

Lastly, I'd recommend considering automation your monthly manual Excel tasks, a starting point could be Zapier or Google Sheets, for example pushing deal size changes into a Google Sheet via workflow.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
michaelhayes
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Karsten, it looks like the historical data export will help streamline the process

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @michaelhayes,

HubSpot doesn't offer a lot of flexilibity yet for reporting on historic values. If you are reporting on historic values in an Excel sheet, I'd recommend checking out this feature: Export a property's historical data. It might make your monthly task easier, depending on what exactly you're visualizing.

In terms of default reports, there are some in the sales analytics (Menu > Reports > Analytics tools > Sales analytics > Forecasts & Pipelines > Historical snapshots > tab Deal size). This is a very specific visualization but maybe you can use the settings in the right sidebar to create and save multiple versions of this for a bigger dashboard.

Lastly, I'd recommend considering automation your monthly manual Excel tasks, a starting point could be Zapier or Google Sheets, for example pushing deal size changes into a Google Sheet via workflow.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

michaelhayes
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Karsten, it looks like the historical data export will help streamline the process

0 Upvotes