Dashboards & Reporting

ANRhodes

Reporting on Transactional Emails

SOLVE

We use the transactional add-on to send non-marketing emails and want to have a report on a dashboard giving us basic info on how many transactional emails have been delivered, opened, or clicked.

However the report setup is very unclear on which filters and data we need to add to the report to include this data. Everything we have tried so far shows us inaccurate data that includes regular marketing email sends or shows no data at all.

Which fields and filters should we be using to optimize this reporting setup? Or is it not currently possible to pull out this data separate from all marketing emails?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ANRhodes,

Out of the box, HubSpot does not have any reports or filter options on standard reports for this. For example, the reports under Menu > Marketing > Email > tab Analyze can't be filtered by transactional emails.

There is however the option to use the custom report builder (Menu > Reports > Reports > Create report > Custom report builder) and select 'Marketing email' as Primary data source. You can then specify under Filters which date range you want to look at and set a filter for Transactional Email is any of yes. You would then have to choose one metric for this report, e.g. Delivered emails, from the left sidebar. As a next step, you could visualize the Count of delivered emails by Publish date.

If this is inaccurate, could you specify you're measuring whether it's accurate or not?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
JJameson

SOLVE

Why does HubSpot not simply label transactional emails as such in the contact activity?  It seems counter-intuitive to have non-marketing contacts receiving transactional emails labeled as marketing emails.  A password reset email has nothing to do with a marketing message.

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JJameson,

Thank you for your product feedback. 

I would highly recommend you to please post this feedback in our ideas forum.

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well. 

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ANRhodes,

Out of the box, HubSpot does not have any reports or filter options on standard reports for this. For example, the reports under Menu > Marketing > Email > tab Analyze can't be filtered by transactional emails.

There is however the option to use the custom report builder (Menu > Reports > Reports > Create report > Custom report builder) and select 'Marketing email' as Primary data source. You can then specify under Filters which date range you want to look at and set a filter for Transactional Email is any of yes. You would then have to choose one metric for this report, e.g. Delivered emails, from the left sidebar. As a next step, you could visualize the Count of delivered emails by Publish date.

If this is inaccurate, could you specify you're measuring whether it's accurate or not?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

ANRhodes

SOLVE

Hi Karsten!

I tried using this method, however none of the transactional emails we have sent are showing up in reports set up this way. I focused on one email that was sent as a Transactional subscription within the past 60 days. But no amount of adjusting the filters (publish date, Event timestamp, and Tranasctional Emails is any of Yes) would this raise the number of Delivered Emails up from 0.

I am thinking it might be something with the required filter of "Event Timestamp". Not sure exactly what it is tracking and think this might be the major discount that is preventing these emails from being counted by this process.

LWager

SOLVE

Hi @ANRhodes  - were you able to answer this? I'm struggling with the same thing - looking for a report on sends, opens and replies for 1:1 sales emails using templates (not marketing emails) - but my dahsboard shows up with empty data. 

0 Upvotes