Dashboards & Reporting

ShelbyD

Reporting from a Form Submission

SOLVE

Hello! I have built out a website form to capture new potential wholesale leads, but I want to create a report that pulls specific "answers" from that form. What is the best way to do this? 

Ideally, it would be something that I can run daily that pulls specific information for the reps in our department. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ShelbyD,

As far as I know, it's not possible to create a report on form submissions in HubSpot. You can see form submissions in the Submissions tab of the form itself (Menu > Marketing > Lead capture > Forms > click on form > tab Submissions) and you can have form submissions sent to specific email addresses (tab Options in forms editor). However, it's not possible to create a report visualizing form submissions. Reports will look at property values, not specific submissions.

As a workaround, you could save new HubSpot form submissions into Google Sheets rows with Zapier: https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/integrations/hubspot/1758/save-new-hubspot-form-submissions-to...

This sheet could be easily analyzed and sent via email.

I want to highlight that in most scenarios, reporting on the property value is almost identical to reporting on the form submission. If you create a report on specific properties, filtered by "Recent conversion date is today", it's unlikely that you'll get information that was not submitted through a form.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ShelbyD,

As far as I know, it's not possible to create a report on form submissions in HubSpot. You can see form submissions in the Submissions tab of the form itself (Menu > Marketing > Lead capture > Forms > click on form > tab Submissions) and you can have form submissions sent to specific email addresses (tab Options in forms editor). However, it's not possible to create a report visualizing form submissions. Reports will look at property values, not specific submissions.

As a workaround, you could save new HubSpot form submissions into Google Sheets rows with Zapier: https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/integrations/hubspot/1758/save-new-hubspot-form-submissions-to...

This sheet could be easily analyzed and sent via email.

I want to highlight that in most scenarios, reporting on the property value is almost identical to reporting on the form submission. If you create a report on specific properties, filtered by "Recent conversion date is today", it's unlikely that you'll get information that was not submitted through a form.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
ShelbyD

SOLVE

Thank you @karstenkoehler! This is all helpful. I will take a look at the workaround you suggested. 

While I have you, can I add custom fields to a customer card so that when a form is submitted it adds that information into searchable fields?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ShelbyD,

Could you elaborate what you're referring to when you say customer card?

Best,

Karsten

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
ShelbyD

SOLVE

My apologies - I just meant contact. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ShelbyD,

No worries, however I'm still not quite sure what you mean. Are you referring to a contact record?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
ShelbyD

SOLVE

Yes - a Customer Record.

0 Upvotes