Dashboards & Reporting

Optimal_Tech

Reporting Help - Building A Good Foundation

SOLVE

Hey Hubspot Community - looking for some assistance here.

I am looking to see how I can create reporting that would be best for this situation:

- We have 10-15 ongoing campaigns at once (note, these aren't "campaigns" under the marketing tab, just in general)

- Our sales team is constantly doing outreach to contacts around a variety of these campaigns (a sales rep can send an email that pertains to campaign A, then jump to setting up a meeting invite around campaign B, etc.)

- I'm looking to setup a report (or multiple reports if that's the best way) to track the various activities and progress of the campaigns. For example, every Friday, I'd like to be able to pull up a report around Campaign A, and see:

• Which contacts/companies were touched inside that campaign
  • How many emails/meetings/phone calls were associated with the contacts/companies that were touched inside that campaign
  • Any deals/tickets that arose from the campaign

Is this possible to do? I've been jumping down a Hubspot reporting rabbit hole, looking into using Google Sheets + Hubspot API + Google Data Studio, and it's all starting to mesh together and confuse me. 

My initial approach would be:

1. Create a campaign (marketing -> campaigns) for each of the "campaigns" we have ongoing
  2. Create a static contact list, and add that asset to the appropriate campaign
  3. Create a report around the campaign

Is this the right way to go about it? Maybe I'm thinking too much, but it really boils down to, we'd like to see the outreach around these campaigns we have ongoing, what's working, what's not, etc..

I've also tinkered around with some of the custom reports inside Hubspot, and I created a report displaying Last Touch Converting Campaign (Contact) + Count of Activities, and that seemed to be a good start, but I'm not sure how to go about making sure all things are tracked on a campaign level. 

Sorry if this is confusing - please let me know if there's anything I can expand on or answer.

Thanks to you all - very much appreciated

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Bryantworks
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag @JessicaH, happy to lend some advice to @Optimal_Tech!

I think you've hit the nail on the head in terms of approach:  

@Optimal_Tech wrote:

1. Create a campaign (marketing -> campaigns) for each of the "campaigns" we have ongoing

HubSpot has a couple of different reports that you can use campaigns for, but also because you have a list you'll be able to look at the sales activities around them as well.  The reporting tool will leave some to be desired in terms of items like percent of Campaign A contacted, percent of meetings to calls, etc.

But once you have the list you can do a cross-object report around the contacts activity off of the list, and then reference the "Campaign Analytics" report under Reports > Analytics tools to view other metrics like influenced revenue, influenced contacts, sessions, etc.

Hope this is helpful!

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Bryantworks
Solution

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag @JessicaH, happy to lend some advice to @Optimal_Tech!

I think you've hit the nail on the head in terms of approach:  

@Optimal_Tech wrote:

HubSpot has a couple of different reports that you can use campaigns for, but also because you have a list you'll be able to look at the sales activities around them as well.  The reporting tool will leave some to be desired in terms of items like percent of Campaign A contacted, percent of meetings to calls, etc.

But once you have the list you can do a cross-object report around the contacts activity off of the list, and then reference the "Campaign Analytics" report under Reports > Analytics tools to view other metrics like influenced revenue, influenced contacts, sessions, etc.

Hope this is helpful!

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert
0 Upvotes
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @Optimal_Tech,

Thanks for reaching out.

I want to tag some thought leaders to see if they can assist you with this.

Hi @Bryantworks @AM8 @MAC-MCB, do you have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Jess 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes