Dashboards & Reporting

DStone1
Participant

Report to show current data against this time last year

SOLVE

A quick bit of background to help with this:

We are a school, and we want to see numbers of applications (deals) on 1st May 2023 vs 1st May 2022. The deal stages are the same, but property field values are different.

To help us determine which application/deal is for which academic year, we have 2 properties we use to hold information. Year Group and Year of Entry.

I want to see a singular report that tells me, on 1st May 2023 (when I run it) we have X# deals with Year Group '7' and Year of Entry '2023'. I would also like it to show that we have X# deals with Year Group '7' and Year of Entry '2022' as of 1st May 2022.

Is there a specific funtion that does this, or do I need to create 2 seperate reports?

Edit: I also want to know which deal stage they were as of 1st May 2022. E.g., they might be 'Offer Accepted' as of today, but on 1st May 2022 there were 'Application Submitted'.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DStone1, happy to share a few thoughts - I've been thinking this through since @PamCotton tagged me yesterday because it's not so straightforward and there are a few ways you could tackle this.

If you use the custom report builder, you can create a report with these criteria:

x-axis = deal create date

y-axis = count of deals

breakdown by = year group and year of entry

This type of report won't let you see compared to previous year, but you could create two reports, one for "last year" and one for "current year" that you can stack on top of each other on a dashboard.

Regarding your edit - while I think you can pull this information individually from the contact record by looking at the property history and via API (I think), I don't know of a way to show a timestamp for deal stages in reporting - this is something I've been asked many times, but it's been a couple of years and I'm not sure if that's changed. Maybe @jolle will know the answer to that one...

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @DStone1, happy to share a few thoughts - I've been thinking this through since @PamCotton tagged me yesterday because it's not so straightforward and there are a few ways you could tackle this.

If you use the custom report builder, you can create a report with these criteria:

x-axis = deal create date

y-axis = count of deals

breakdown by = year group and year of entry

This type of report won't let you see compared to previous year, but you could create two reports, one for "last year" and one for "current year" that you can stack on top of each other on a dashboard.

Regarding your edit - while I think you can pull this information individually from the contact record by looking at the property history and via API (I think), I don't know of a way to show a timestamp for deal stages in reporting - this is something I've been asked many times, but it's been a couple of years and I'm not sure if that's changed. Maybe @jolle will know the answer to that one...

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello, @DStone1 Thank you for posting in our Community!

Let's invite our top experts to this conversation to share their thoughts, @Bryantworks @Jnix284 any suggestions to @DStone1 report?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes