Dashboards & Reporting

Angelamr
Participant

Report to calculate average deal size per month

SOLVE

Hi there,

It is possible to create a report on Hubspot that shows the average deal size? 

If yes how can I create it?

I need a report with the average deal size per month since the beginning of the year. I found out how to do it with the old Hubspot interface, but is not clear to me how to do it with the new one. 

Thanks

Angela

1 Accepted solution
MikeLawson
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

@Angelamr 

I think I can help you here!

There may be a canned report I am missing but I like to build custom ones, so click the create custom report.

Click single data button set then "Deals".

From there you will need to select deal properties to add to the report. For yours, you really only need amount and close date.

From there click on the visualize tab at the top of the page

Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at 8.54.44 AM.png

You will then need to configure the type of chart you want and the displaying and measure by components.

Set it up like this

Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at 8.54.09 AM.png

Make sure when you add amount property that you set it to "average" instead of total.

This should give you the chart you desire. If you want to filter down to only closed won deals there is a filter button in the top left where you can filter down by stage.

Let me know if this helps or if you need clarification!

Best,

Mike

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
ob241
Participant

SOLVE

Hi there- is there a way for the report to pull the average across those months (i.e., a single, figure that represents "Average $ signed per month") rather than breaking it down per month? 

0 Upvotes
MikeLawson
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

@Angelamr 

I think I can help you here!

There may be a canned report I am missing but I like to build custom ones, so click the create custom report.

Click single data button set then "Deals".

From there you will need to select deal properties to add to the report. For yours, you really only need amount and close date.

From there click on the visualize tab at the top of the page

Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at 8.54.44 AM.png

You will then need to configure the type of chart you want and the displaying and measure by components.

Set it up like this

Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at 8.54.09 AM.png

Make sure when you add amount property that you set it to "average" instead of total.

This should give you the chart you desire. If you want to filter down to only closed won deals there is a filter button in the top left where you can filter down by stage.

Let me know if this helps or if you need clarification!

Best,

Mike

KCoughlin-Tran
Participant

SOLVE

This helped me out a lot! Thank you! 😀