Dashboards & Reporting

bw-ipim
Contributor

Report shows partial weeks

Hello all.

I have created a custom report to show the number of meetings per week for two sales reps. I've displayed the data weekly and filtered for a rolling date range of the last 30 days. The problem is, if we are half way through a given week, the date filter only captures a partial week of meetings for the first week in the chart. For instance, in the screenshot below the first week is only showing 4 and 3 meetings, when it should have 8 and 4 that week.

Is there any way I can only show "full" weeks, and hide the first partial week? Otherwise the data is a little misleading. The first week's activity will always look much lower than it should be.

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue but if you can think of any workarounds that would be appreciated. Thanks!

Screenshot 2020-06-26 at 22.27.29.png

2 Replies 2
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @bw-ipim 

Currently rolling date range it doesn't show the current day, for example, the last week (7) days would not include today.

Would the difference of numbers be related to "today's" count?

You can change your filter to not use the following date range, I believe it will display the full result.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
bw-ipim
Contributor

Hi Pam, thanks for the reply.

It's actually the earlier dates that are cutting off that was the issue, not so much the "today" behaviour.

E.g. take the example of 20 Jun. The 30 day rolling range would be 20 May - 20 Jun. The report would then show:

Week 1: 20-24 May (5 days in range)

Week 2: 25-31 May (7 days in range)

Week 3: 1-7 Jun (7 days in range)

Week 4: 8-14 Jun (7 days in range)

Week 5: 15-20 Jun (5 days in range)

So for any meetings in Week 1 that happened on 18-19 May, they wouldn't be included in the report, since they are out of the 30 day range. This means that most of the time, week 1 and week 5 are showing partial weeks. Week 5 is fine as it's the current week, but it's misleading to have week 1 showing as partial. It makes it look like week 1 is always a poor week.

Hope this makes a bit more sense! Thanks in advance for any ideas!

0 Upvotes