Dashboards & Reporting

dougfairbro
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Report showing new deals in pipeline this month

SOLVE

Hi there,

Looking to set up a report that will show me the number of deals that have entered the sales pipeline this month.

The problem I have is that the date of when a deal enters a pipeline isn't recorded. I'm aware there are properties that timestamp when a deal goes into a certain stage, however I'm unable to stack these. 

Sometimes a deal will enter the pipeline at different stages (doesn't always start at stage 1). Has anyone ever set up a report that shows this?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @dougfairbro,

This depends a bit on your sales process and how you're managing deals. Generally, a deal that enters a pipeline should not have been anywhere else before. Simply filtering for deal Create date should be sufficient in that case.

If a deal was however in another pipeline before, in custom reports, there are still the Entered Stage Date - properties. When you click into your report filters of the old single object report builder, HubSpot should have automatically created these. However, if your deals could enter at any stage, this won't work. (For the future, my recommendation would be to set up the pipeline in such a way that every deal enters the first stage. This makes a lot of things including reporting easier.)

In the Custom Report Builder, these stage properties don't exist.

Unfortunately that means that you'll have to set up your own custom date property that is stamped by a deal-based workflow when a deal enters the pipeline, e.g. Entered sales pipeline date. This would populate this date property going forward.

(I'm not aware of any solution that does not involve workflows or any of the suggestions above.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @dougfairbro,

This depends a bit on your sales process and how you're managing deals. Generally, a deal that enters a pipeline should not have been anywhere else before. Simply filtering for deal Create date should be sufficient in that case.

If a deal was however in another pipeline before, in custom reports, there are still the Entered Stage Date - properties. When you click into your report filters of the old single object report builder, HubSpot should have automatically created these. However, if your deals could enter at any stage, this won't work. (For the future, my recommendation would be to set up the pipeline in such a way that every deal enters the first stage. This makes a lot of things including reporting easier.)

In the Custom Report Builder, these stage properties don't exist.

Unfortunately that means that you'll have to set up your own custom date property that is stamped by a deal-based workflow when a deal enters the pipeline, e.g. Entered sales pipeline date. This would populate this date property going forward.

(I'm not aware of any solution that does not involve workflows or any of the suggestions above.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

dougfairbro

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

In this case the deals would've sat in a previous pipeline so would be unable to go with the create date, however your second recommendation aligns with what I had in mind. 

Will simply need to ensure the sales team start every deal in stage one and then move them through. 

Thanks!

0 Upvotes