Dashboards & Reporting

charliepinker
Contributor

Report showing active MRR by month

SOLVE

Hi all, I'm trying to create a report that shows the sum of all active MRR (e.g. from deals) by month.

The first thing I did was to create a report that showed closed won deals by month, and make it cumulative so it adds up past deals into each month. This looks fine... until someone cancels. When they cancel, there's way of telling the cumulative report to reduce the mrr from a particular month onwards.

So I could try adding a new deal with a corresponding negative value to offset the cancelled revenue. That might work. But it wouldn't allow for suspended subscriptions. What if the subscription was going to resume in 6 months? If I then deleted the negative value deal, the past 6 month revenue reduction would be removed. So I'd have to add a second deal for the same value as the original! Which sounds bonkers and I don't think I want to go down that road.

So what I need is for Hubspot to somehow remember the date a deal status or custom property changes, so it can report accurately on the state of all deals in any given month.

Does anyone have any experience building a report like this or could offer any tips?

Thanks!

1 Accepted solution
Mike_Eastwood
Solution
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @charliepinker 

I don't know how to do it inside HubSpot without writing custom code, which requires time and budget.

Personally, I use a manual hack, I have a deal pipeline for my recurring revenue. I create a new deal for recurring projects, and delete it when the recurring income ends. So my total pipeline always shows my recurring total (MRR).

Sounds like you may get something sensible out of your external system (which could *probably* be hooked up with custom code).

Cheers

Mike

p.s. @sharonlicari thanks for the heads up!

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
HelenaBolton

SOLVE

Hi Charlie, 

Thanks for this!

I'm not sure if this is because I am on the Professional Package, rather than the Enterprise one, but I can't see how to make a report cumulative - at the moment I just have the new MRR in each month. Is there any easy way of doing this that I'm missing? 

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
LAB
Participant

SOLVE

I have the same task, after some playing and support requests the things are more clear now - where is no any working solution for this moment:(

Waiting for functionality in nearest future I hope so so much:)

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @charliepinker 

Apologies for the delayed answer. Do you still need help on this matter?

Thank you

Sharon 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
charliepinker
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @sharonlicari thanks for the reply. I haven't resolved this no, but I've sort of given up - I don't think Hubspot is going to be able to do this. I had a suggestion from the support team to upgrade to Enterprise (ticket 3249090) so that wasn't that helpful! We're going to be implementing a subscription management tool to handle billing and subscriptions so my intention is to get this information from there. If you have any ideas about how I can track monthly MRR using Hubspot though I'd be all ears 🙂

0 Upvotes
Stagring-Bao

SOLVE

Hi,

im working for a company who needs subsription and billing solution. What did you go for? Or what solution did you consider?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @charliepinker 

Thank you for getting back to me on this! What my colleague said is correct, however, I'll tag a few experts to see if they have found any workaround 🙂

Hey @Phil_Vallender @MikeLawson @Mike_Eastwood could you please share your thought and experiences with @charliepinker?

Thank you & Stay Safe!

Sharon 🙂

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @charliepinker 

I don't know how to do it inside HubSpot without writing custom code, which requires time and budget.

Personally, I use a manual hack, I have a deal pipeline for my recurring revenue. I create a new deal for recurring projects, and delete it when the recurring income ends. So my total pipeline always shows my recurring total (MRR).

Sounds like you may get something sensible out of your external system (which could *probably* be hooked up with custom code).

Cheers

Mike

p.s. @sharonlicari thanks for the heads up!

charliepinker
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for the tip @Mike_Eastwood 👍🏼. I do something similar - I have a field in the original deal called "subscription status" and mark is active when won, which I can then use to report on in a few ways (sum value all deals that are active, for example). Also this lets me have a calculated "total MRR" field at company level which sums all active deals of that account, so I can see the total spend of each account.

All of this still doesn't allow either of us to ask Hubspot what the active MRR was, for example, "in February" - its just point-in-time reporting. Hence why I'm hoping the subscription management tool will help here.

Thanks for the reply!