Dashboards & Reporting

danbarahona

Report showing Deal movement

SOLVE

Hi HubSpot community,

I'm looking to track, weekly, how many deals are progressing through the funnel. So for example, it would tell me 5 deals moved from Discovery to Qualification last week. I can sort of get there using the "Date Entered Qualification" field - but the problem is that will show me deals that moved forward to Qualification, as well as deals that moved downward.

Any suggestions on how to get weekly visibility into forward deal motion?

Thanks,

Dan

2 Accepted solutions
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @danbarahona

First question: In the report, have you played with the filter in the top left to show only specific stages? I have found that the filter option has saved me a few times, as simple as that sounds. It feels like "Have you turned it off and on again?" but maybe that'll spark an idea.

Also in looking around, I found a couple of resources that may help. I've not created a report myself like this which I can point to, but I can share what I've found. Hopefully that helps. This Community discussion has some good insight and deeper links. This Knowledge Base article on funnel reports is really basic, but I thought it showed a nice overview that may help.

Hope that helps start you down the right road!

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

ConnorSlivensky
Solution
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Generally, I'd say you shouldn't have Deals moving backwards in your funnel, especially to Qualification. Without having more context into your business I can't be super-specific. 

I would look at what deals are moving backwards and try to figure out why. Is a salesperson jumping the gun on moving stages, is it just one person who needs training or is there a lack of consensus on when to move things forward?

If you need to you can stop deals from progressing past a stage without the required information in your object defaults, if you think that would help Deals not move forward until they are ready. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
ConnorSlivensky
Solution

SOLVE

Generally, I'd say you shouldn't have Deals moving backwards in your funnel, especially to Qualification. Without having more context into your business I can't be super-specific. 

I would look at what deals are moving backwards and try to figure out why. Is a salesperson jumping the gun on moving stages, is it just one person who needs training or is there a lack of consensus on when to move things forward?

If you need to you can stop deals from progressing past a stage without the required information in your object defaults, if you think that would help Deals not move forward until they are ready. 

danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @danbarahona

First question: In the report, have you played with the filter in the top left to show only specific stages? I have found that the filter option has saved me a few times, as simple as that sounds. It feels like "Have you turned it off and on again?" but maybe that'll spark an idea.

Also in looking around, I found a couple of resources that may help. I've not created a report myself like this which I can point to, but I can share what I've found. Hopefully that helps. This Community discussion has some good insight and deeper links. This Knowledge Base article on funnel reports is really basic, but I thought it showed a nice overview that may help.

Hope that helps start you down the right road!

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @danbarahona 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @NicoleSengers @danmoyle @ConnorSlivensky do you have any thoughts for @danbarahona on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes