Dashboards & Reporting

fredrikboehle

Report on deal owners vs company owners

SOLVE

I'd like to create a report that gives me the deal owner and the owner(s) of the associated companie(s), so that I can harmonize company and deal ownership for our existing data.

Approaches I've tried so far:

1. Single-object reporting gives me associated copmanies, but I can't access the company owner property (obviously, because it's single object).
  2. Advanced reporting gives me access to the company owner property, but apparently it shows the companies of all contacts that are associated to the deal, not the companies associated directly with the deal
  3. List views don't let me access company owners either

Any suggestions?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @fredrikboehle,

There isn't any report will show you disprepancies between contact and company owners at a glance, I believe. You could create custom cross-object report that is simply a table (chart type) and visualize these columns:

karstenkoehler_0-1633758697253.png

You'd have to click through all of these contacts manually – or export the report and check in Excel.

Alternatively, you'd create a report for each owner. Filter the whole report by Contact owner A and only show companies where contact owner is not A.

I'm not aware of any way to create one comparative report that shows all contacts (or companies) where contact owner and company owner don't match.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @fredrikboehle,

There isn't any report will show you disprepancies between contact and company owners at a glance, I believe. You could create custom cross-object report that is simply a table (chart type) and visualize these columns:

karstenkoehler_0-1633758697253.png

You'd have to click through all of these contacts manually – or export the report and check in Excel.

Alternatively, you'd create a report for each owner. Filter the whole report by Contact owner A and only show companies where contact owner is not A.

I'm not aware of any way to create one comparative report that shows all contacts (or companies) where contact owner and company owner don't match.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.