Dashboards & Reporting

matheusjiran
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

Products with negative unit price

resolver

My company currently uses products (line items) with negative unit price to track downsells and churns. We can report very well on Deals x Line Items and track our revenue changes using this method.

We did that by adding a value to the "Unit Discount" and leaving the "Unit Price" equal to 0. It was simple and brilliant.

Unfortunately, with the last update in table&board view, the product's view also changed and now we are not able to add a discount bigger then the unit price. So, the lowest value the unit prices gets is 0. 

Quotes can have negative values, but its a general value not associated to the specific product.

I would really like to have the possibility of having products with negative unit prices, my reports are all set to report over that and the method is very usefull.

Is that an expected behavior or an issue with the new view? If it is expected, is there any chance of reverting?

Thanks!

Best regards,

1 Solução aceita
matheusjiran
Solução

resolver

Solved within the new Products view!

I'm not sure if there was an update, but following the steps below we managed to have products with negative Net Price.

1- Set the Unit Price equal o greater than the negative value wanted.

2- Set the Unit Discount equal to the negative value wanted.

3- Set the Unit Price equal to zero ;]

Then, the Unit Discount will stay the same, but the Unit Price will be equal to zero.

PS: HubSpot if this is a bug, please don't fiz it =D

Best,

Exibir solução no post original

6 Respostas 6
matheusjiran
Solução

resolver

Solved within the new Products view!

I'm not sure if there was an update, but following the steps below we managed to have products with negative Net Price.

1- Set the Unit Price equal o greater than the negative value wanted.

2- Set the Unit Discount equal to the negative value wanted.

3- Set the Unit Price equal to zero ;]

Then, the Unit Discount will stay the same, but the Unit Price will be equal to zero.

PS: HubSpot if this is a bug, please don't fiz it =D

Best,

PamCotton
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hello @matheusjiran 

Thank you for sharing your solution with the Community!

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

matheusjiran

resolver

Hey, I'm back here because Product view was updated again to the new version and we lost the hability of using Products with negative Net Price again. 

So I wanted to show how this help my Company, when we have a negative Net Price we manage to forecast negative revenue movements and therefore the net growth or contraction of our revenue that month. This image below is screen capture of one example report where we can track the net revenue change using deals with negative amount.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wOKLUshrUQoBO-tmYg99D83a3jQEMe__/view?usp=sharing

Let me know if this could be useful to your company or any other suggestions you may have.

Thanks!

danielruby
Participante

resolver

Could you do the tracking by simply setting price to zero and setting unit cost to whatever you want the net negative to be, then reporting on margin rather than top-line sales?

Daniel Ruby

Head of Marketing

undefined

Better HubSpot Reporting In Sheets

0 Avaliação positiva
matheusjiran

resolver

It could work to track the downsell itself. But once we have that negative value reflected on the Amount, it enable us to track the revenue net expansion using HubSpot Deals.

We kept the possibility to work with negative Amounts by adding discount and it is awesome.

We also use it to track when a customer move its revenue from one product to another. I have Product 1 with Amoun $ 1,000 and Product 2 with Amount $ -1,000. It means the customer switched products, the Deal Amount is $ 0 and I can trigger the workflows using the line items.

sharonlicari
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hey @matheusjiran 

Thank you for the information provided. I can see you have a ticket open with the Support team and it seems the team was able to revert this for you, you should be all set now. 

Thank you

Sharon 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Avaliação positiva