Productivity Report showing tasks created instead tasks completed?

fabyogi
Contributor

Hi,

it seems that in my productivity report the number that is shown under tasks is the number of tasks I have created, but not the number of tasks that I have completed. Obviously the latter one would be the relevant for tracking productivity. Is there a way to change this? How many tasks I create does not really seem to be of any relevance!?

Thanks,

Fabian

8 Replies 8
edjusten
HubSpot Employee

Hi @fabyogi  Not possible at this time to change to Tasks completed.  Can you head over to the ideas forum and add this as a post?

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
fabyogi
Contributor

@edjusten Thanks for your response! Just for my understanding: What is the idea behind using the number of tasks created as an indicator for productivity? I am really can't see the connection... Is planning tasks productivity or is getting tasks done productivity?

0 Upvotes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee

@fabyogi For now, planning the task is considered productivity. This may change in a future update, but for now planning and executing are the same. 

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
fabyogi
Contributor

@edjusten ok thanks! However seems super strange to me how that could be considered the same. Are you sure they didnt just mix things up on the development side? Its jus so far from reality that its hard for me to believe a CRM would build it in like that on intention...

0 Upvotes
jclarsen72
Participant

It has been three years, and this still hasn't changed. I agree with @fabyogi, and would love to see how many tasks my sales team is completing instead of how many tasks are being created. 

jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @jclarsen72,

If you have access to custom reports in HubSpot you can create a report to show just your completed tasks broken down by user in your account. 

Reports>reports>create custom report

Filters: 

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 10.54.29 AM.png

Visualization: 

(I changed the filter to 'all time' to ensure I had data in my test account to show 🙂 )

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 10.54.59 AM.png

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
KWeiner

It looks like we can have a report for completed tasks and one for completed activities.  Can you have a custom report with both?  As an example, calls, emails and completed tasks.  I see that you can do calls, emails and task but it is tasks created not completed.  Thx

0 Upvotes
atifshahab

Can you please specify which productivity management tool you are actually using and facing problem in it?

0 Upvotes