Dashboards & Reporting

Sanjiiv

Previous deal stage

SOLVE

Hi,

I'd like to create a report to show where deals were before they were marked as lost.

E.g. 10 deals were marked as lost pre-trial, 5 were lost post-trial, etc.

Is there any way to do this without having to click into each individual deal to see what stage the deal was at before being marked as lost?

Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted solution
HubSpotMaster
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Previous deal stage

SOLVE

I recommend taking the following steps

• Add "Last Deal Stage" Property with a drop-down of all your active stages (not closed won or lost).
  • Create a workflow to update this deal stage whenever the deal stage is updated to another active deal stage.
  • Create a report that shows the last deal stage before closed lost. 

Let me know if this works out for you!

Thanks,

Adam

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12
MaorL
Participant

Previous deal stage

SOLVE

Good Idea.

Here is how i've solved it

I've created 2 single line text fields.

1. Deal Stage Buffer

2. Previous Deal Stage

Then I built workflow to set the real deal stage to the buffer property but only after I've copied the content from buffer to Previous Stage property

Goodluck

MaorL_0-1685065430224.png

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

Previous deal stage

SOLVE

@Sanjiiv I  live @HubSpotMaster idea a lot. Hope this helps.

DanielSanchez
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

Previous deal stage

SOLVE

Hi @Sanjiiv ,

In Reports > Dashboard. Click in Add Report, and filter by Deals.

In this section, u have many reports of deals, how "Deal totals by stage" or "Deal stage funnel with deal totals and conversion rates", and others reports.

I believe with Funnel with deals and conversion rate, is possible where you was lost the deals, to improve.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Best regards! 🙂

HubSpotMaster
Solution

Previous deal stage

SOLVE

I recommend taking the following steps

• Add "Last Deal Stage" Property with a drop-down of all your active stages (not closed won or lost).
  • Create a workflow to update this deal stage whenever the deal stage is updated to another active deal stage.
  • Create a report that shows the last deal stage before closed lost. 

Let me know if this works out for you!

Thanks,

Adam

MMatos2
Contributor

Previous deal stage

SOLVE

What would this look like?
"Create a workflow to update this deal stage whenever the deal stage is updated to another active deal stage." 

0 Upvotes
Nadav_Attar

Previous deal stage

SOLVE

Hey Adam,

I trying to build the Workflow but got stuck.

think you can help with this?

LLW

Previous deal stage

SOLVE

Hi!

This solution is great for the reporting problem I am trying to solve.

I am trying to set up the workflow as suggested but I am struggling with how to set up this particular workflow. Any advice?

Thanks!

Leah

Tiff
Participant

Previous deal stage

SOLVE

did you manage to work this out Leah? I am trying to do one now and can't work out where to start with the workflow

LLW

Previous deal stage

SOLVE

Apologies I couldn't work it out and I haven't been given any advice since I posted! Hopefully the activity will mean it gets noticed!

0 Upvotes
LFujimoto
Participant

Previous deal stage

SOLVE

I created the property "last deal stage" and used the "automation" funtionality on the pipeline to register this information. Hope it works!

Settings > Objects > Deals > Pipeline > Automation

LFujimoto_0-1641425352631.png

Tiff
Participant

Previous deal stage

SOLVE

I sort of worked it out but it will only work once a deal moves into a non active deal stage. 

So I did a workflow that updated the Last deal Stage property to whatever the current deal stage was but only using live stages in the dropdown. I used the enrollment as deal stage has been updated in the last 1 day and then did if/then branches to cover each stage. So for example if deal stage is Qualified update last deal stage to qualified.  As long as you don't use the closed won or lost stages in the last deal stage properties it will work but only when it gets to one of those stages.  Hope that makes sense?   

In an ideal world i would have got it to work on historic deals but it doesn't so I still can't report on what I want.  I have raised it with my Hubspot AM so if I get an answer I will let you know

orianef
Participant

Previous deal stage

SOLVE

Hi Adam,

I have tried to create a Last deal stage property but it appears as a number and does not copy properly the name of my deal stage as it is a radio select ?

Thank you for your help!

Oriane

0 Upvotes