Dashboards & Reporting

finn
Top Contributor

Prevent access to Marketing dashboard by Sales users

How can I prevent Sales / Sales Pro users from accessing the standard Marketing dashboard? or for that matter the other two standard dashboards, but still give them access to a custom dashboard (view only)?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
warrendavey
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hey @finn - I've answered your question as part of our Question of the Day video series.

You can find it here: https://youtu.be/tlFwuCtuKZ8

In addition, you can find knowledge articles here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/hubspot-user-permissions-guide

And here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/dashboards/manage-your-dashboards

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Davey Waren
Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk

0 Upvotes
finn
Top Contributor

Hi @warrendavey

Thanks for creating the video and the answer. Unfortunately, it doesn't solve my challenge completely:

1) I get how I can make custom dashboards and if I have Enterprise, I can give access to only specific teams on that. It would have been nice if it was also available in Professional though, but I get the mechanism.

2) Sales users by definition have access to the Sales Hub and therefore see the Standard Hubspot Sales Dashboard. Even in view only they can e.g.  apply filters that impact ALL users (e.g. the US team can set a team filter on the dashboard for US team, and then when a Europe team member opens it, they see nothing until they remove the "US team" filter again

3) for a couple of reasons, my salespeople cannot have Marketing access completely switched off: a) they need access to the Lists tool, and b) for some obscure reason (weird I know, but was instructed on this by Hubspot Support), custom domains for the Sales meeting links can only be set if the Sales Pro user has access to the ability to modify the website under the marketing security setting. With Marketing access (even just for list and website editing) they can also see the full marketing dashboard, which is not desired for most of my sales people.

All in all quite complex and not really working as I would like it to: the ability to control access to ALL dashboards. If just "Standard" dashboards could be controlled the same way as custom dashboards (private to owner only, everyone can view and edit, everyone can view, specific access by user or team). But "Standard" dashboards are hardcoded to being accessible if reporting is on and the section (sales, marketing, service) is enabled for the user.

I was hoping there was some cool trick, but I fear that I cannot achieve what I need for the time being... 

0 Upvotes
warrendavey

@finn 

Sorry, this wasn't the answer you were looking for.  I can see how you would like to add more permission settings and remove some of the default settings that are causing this.  Is there a reason why your team would want to remove the filter and see everyone else's information?

I would submit what you want on the Ideas forum for sure.

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Davey Waren
Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk